Chewable Supplements??

C J
on 9/22/10 10:24 am - Franklin, MA
It was suggested that I double up my Daily Vitamin (getting 200% of the Daily) which is no problem, I'm pretty religious about my Daily Vitamin - always have been and chewables area easy to find.

I've also been instructed to start taking Calcium Citrate +D  ~ I stopped at a few different pharmacys but can't find the darn chewables!!! Are they really this hard to find at retail stores? Should I just buy them on line???  

Any suggestions where I could find any/all my supplements so I can't try 'em out and get into the regime??
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

RedSox15
on 9/22/10 12:04 pm - MA
I have yet to find a good tasting Calcium Citrate chewable in stores.  My favorite is Calcet Creamy Bites - Lemon flavored.  Those you can order online but they are pricey.  After 6 months you can take regular pills and I do the Calcet Petites :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 9/23/10 8:17 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I like the Bariatric Advantage chewables - Raspberry is deliciuos as is the lemon and chocolate !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
C J
on 9/24/10 1:17 pm - Franklin, MA
I got a a small bag of Bariatric Advantage samples -- I have yet to try them. 
I'd rather take the supplement when I'm able to really think about whether it's going to work for me or not - flavor/texture etc!     My samples include one of ea. of the ones you mentioned!
M M
on 9/24/10 12:03 pm
Bariatric vites are hard to find in stores, I work with a shop in North Dartmouth that carries a ton of them... Fitness Connection....
C J
on 9/24/10 1:24 pm - Franklin, MA
I got a handout at my docs identifying Faunce Corner Nutrition - No. Dartmouth... are they one in the same????   I Live about an hour away from there - so was going to plan to go by one Saturday in the next few weeks.
RedSox15
on 9/25/10 10:41 am - MA
Yupp, came store.  They were really nice when I went there.  They are a very tiny store, but had some good products.  Pricey ...  They also cater alot to bodybuilders so I was a little disappointed with the selection of protein bars (all the ones I wanted to try were very high in fat/sugar) but I got a couple that were OK for us.  Also check out nashuanutrition.com - they have great stuff and wicked fast shipping.

I liked the people working @ the Dartmouth store - very helpful and were asking about my program and which hospital I was from .. they were great.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Penny V.
on 9/27/10 7:34 am - Orleans, MA
I got the supplement sample pack too at Immersion Day. Kerri also gave me asmall pack.

I went online and found Celebrate vitamins. Only chose them because they did not say Bariatric in the name. I have been taking the berry calcium. It works for me. A little chalky but I think they will all have that affect.

When I placed my first order, I got a 3 months supply of: multivitamins, Iron +C, B-12, Calcium, and omega 3. THe total came to about $150. So, seeing I will be saving at least $50 a month in groceries, it seems like a no brainer.

I had no luck finding the calcium citrate chewables in stores.

Faunce Nutrition also does mail order. They offer all the brands.

You can even try Amazon.com.

Good luck - maybe I'll see you at HOWL (not in October, I will be newly home from surgery :)).

Penny

CATHERINE81
on 9/29/10 12:28 am - BROCKTON, MA
HEY MAMMA I CAN SEND YOU A LINK THAT YOU CAN HAVE SURGEON FILL OUT AND GET 90 DAY SUPPLY CHEWABLE FREE LET ME KNOW
C J
on 9/29/10 8:48 am - Franklin, MA
Sure - that'd be great... send it along.

My plan is to stay on top of the supplements!!!
Hopefully I can stay on track and keep up with them!

My email is [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views