tufts tonight? 9/20!

MK M.
on 9/20/10 6:39 am - Natick, MA
super last minute (plus i've been MIA for a few weeks) but just wanted to see if anyone is headed into the HOWL tonight.

hubby & i will be there (me almost 7-weeks post op. he about 10 weeks pre-op!)

i'll be the one who looks just like my profile pic ;) but really, i'll be the fat chick in black with dark hair, bangs, and brown glasses.

hope to see some of you there!
highest weight: 331 (may 2010)   |   current weight: 304   |   surgery date: august 3, 2010

do not dare to live without some clear intention toward which your living shall be bent.
                   mean to be something with all your might. ~phillips brooks

RedSox15
on 9/20/10 11:00 am - MA
So mad I couldn't go. Just when I thought my job couldn't suck any more than it already does ... they hold a mandatory meeting from 6-8pm. WTF!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

C J
on 9/20/10 11:23 am - Franklin, MA
Oh Kate! I kept an eye out for ya - even sat where you normally sit.
This week was a full hour of plastic surgery with Dr.Christopher Davidson.
Being Pre-Op, I sorta wish I didn't see those before and after pictures even though I know it's inevitable!

Ahhh well... a few appointments for me on Wednesday - then Immersion in a few weeks!!!!

Maybe see ya in October!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

C J
on 9/20/10 11:20 am - Franklin, MA
Hahahaha!!  Way to narrow it down ~ can't say that I recognized ya!

I was there!!!  Tonight was my second time going, the first time was better - listening to post-ops and their experiences.  I didn't stay to listen to Dr. Shaw - or the new patient stuff, I stayed last month for that.

I have some appointments this week - Meghan and Dr. Snydman (becuase my surgery is a revision) then.... Immersion Day on the 5th!

Maybe by next month you'll have a photo so I'll recognize ya!!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

RedSox15
on 9/20/10 11:53 am - MA
Hmm, never even heard of Dr. Snydman - he must be new??

I simply CANNOT stand Dr. Shah - ugh.  She annoys the hell out of me; I don't like the way she answers questions and speaks to patients.  The HOWL seminar she did before the one I met you at, CJ - she was so condescending to some patients.  Really rubbed me the wrong way.

I looooove Meghan!  I see her on Thursday!
*Kate*

C J
on 9/20/10 12:05 pm - Franklin, MA
Stephanie Power took a few mins. worth of questions then turned the mic. over to Dr.Davidson and he did the full hour. I left before the NPO started - kinda didn't want to listen to her... I was hoping to hear from a different surgeon tonight... maybe November! My thoughts exactly about Shah - I'm sure she's very nice and knows her stuff but uhmm... I don't know that she's the one for me!  

Dr. Snydman is a staff "Physician" Dr. Greenberg suggested I meet with her since my procedure is a revision and I expressed some concern about my existing anantomy since having my band out ( I had a partial gastrectomy when my band was removed) so my new RNY pouch will be a skootch different fromthe straight forward RNY.  I think I may have to have the upper GI and some other images prior to my surgery so they know what the they're getting into once I'm laying on the table.

:-( Ive been feeling so crummy - and was worried I'd still be sick and have to reschedule my appointments this week - I'm all about keeping my germs to myself!!!! But I've been feeling so much better lately!

Oh and I've lost like 8lbs so I'm kinda looking forware to getting on the scale LOL!!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

RedSox15
on 9/21/10 11:04 am - MA
Oh, ok - I have Dr. Siegal as my physician.  He was OK.

I'm glad you're feeling much better!!  I have an appt. w/ Meghan on Thursday and I'm so nervous.  Well, not nervous .. but... I gained 5 pounds last week.  I am super, super bummed about that. 

UGH !!!!
*Kate*

C J
on 9/22/10 10:45 am - Franklin, MA
So I luv that Meghan - she's just so normal/down to earth, I'm sure we'll get along just fine!

My meeting with Dr.Snydman went well too - she's very nice and approachable. She is new to Tufts - been there about three months.

From what I've understood, typically you can choose your surgeon (assuming they are appropriate) I got this sort of curve thrown at me today... apparently they've been talking about me and which surgeon would be most approrpriate... perhaps it's karma from my earlier statement but guess who they've suggested... yup Shah! 

My fiance and I were talking on the way home (yes he sat thru both appointments w/me) he said "what's more important - bedside manor or skill? you've got family, friends, oh, etc for your moral and emotional support - why not see what she has to say and take the October appointment"

I was a little thrown off and figured what the hell, I'll talk to her. 
Shikora was my inital choice, he's booking December - so I made that appointment as well - So I'd have a backup plan!

EEK! I left there with 5more appointments LOL!!!
Penny V.
on 9/21/10 7:43 am - Orleans, MA
I was there last night with my hubby. It's good to know about the plastic surgery but that's a few years out. As far as your surgeon, make sure they are real experienced. I have Dr. Kim. Didn't find the best bed side manner but wow, does she know her stuff. If you watch Grey's Anatomy, I would say she is the Christina Yang of the group.

I had my pre-op this morning. Very efficient.

By the way, I couldn't recognize you from your profile picture.

I won't be there next month - RNY on 10/12.

Look forward to meeting you all - I was the woman who kept asking "what was your biggest surprise".

Getting nervous about permanent life style changes, but happy for the opportunity to have the surgery.

Penny

RedSox15
on 9/21/10 11:04 am - MA
Hi Penny!

Welcome to the MA Board!  Glad things went well at the pre-op.  Best of luck on your surgery!!  Just a few short weeks away :)
*Kate*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views