why is this happening?

jessmedeiros
on 9/16/10 5:02 am
Hi everyone,I got rny on 8/23 and I lost 25 pds so far, however I am very disappointed to say when I stepped on the scale this morning it said I gained 2 pds. I am very distraught because i can hardley eat anything or take my suppliments,just about getting my water in and very little protien yet I gain 2 pds and i'm only 25 days out...please help thanks.....and my dr's not cleared me for suppliments or soft solids yet because of my nausea
RedSox15
on 9/16/10 6:02 am, edited 9/16/10 6:03 am - MA
Hi Jess,

Congrats on your surgery and success so far! It does suck, but it is normal what you're going through. Just like we can sometimes have stalls early out, the scale can also fluctuate in the up direction. Our bodies are still adjusting to the major surgery we had and the scale can be the devil this early out! Just keep getting your water and protein in and before you know it the scale will be going down in no time

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 9/16/10 8:44 am - Bridgewater, MA
Kate's right !  Hang in there and don't get to discouraged ! It happens and most likely will again - but in the long run it comes off off off so........ hang in there !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
judex
on 9/18/10 1:25 am
 up down down up. welcome to the party. !
MissDaniVicious
on 9/18/10 1:59 am - New Bedford, MA
Totally normal!  I think I stalled out for almost two weeks...I was SO frustrated.  Just make sure you're getting in as much protein and fluids as you can, and make sure you're walking every day and it'll work itself off.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views