band out VSG in - the short version

Lynn C
on 9/9/10 11:09 pm
I'll put together the long version once I'm home but here is the quicky. Went into surgery at almost exactly 8am on 9/7. Came to in recovery at 1pm. Apparently there were a number of adhesions removed and something about my liver being encapsulated that they had to fix (my doc left town so I haven't gotten to talk with him yet about it).

I was in a lot of pain right out of the OR but warm blankets and narcotics fixed that. Hubby was waiting for me in my room when I got there at about 3. I then realized I not only had the JP drain but an NG tube as well. YUCK!! Hated it. My pain was very well managed on day one (don't really remember a lot). Day 2 also pretty pain free although the NG tube started hurting like hell. My throat is sooooooo sore. Turns out I blew my IV during surgery and the second one on day three so I'm working on IV #3 now. Joy.

I feel so much better now that I'm off pain meds and I can't wait to get home. I'm on clear liquids (crystal light) and will prgress to protein shakes at noon. well I guess I should go for another walk......my IV pole squeeks like the devil up and down the hall. LOL

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

CATHERINE81
on 9/10/10 2:27 am - BROCKTON, MA

big big hugs to u mamma

Lynn C
on 9/10/10 6:00 am
thanks dear....looks like I'm stuck here till tomorrow. There will be a revolt if they don't let me go first thing in the am!! My daughter has already volunteered to hijack a wheelchair.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

M M
on 9/10/10 11:08 am
I am glad to see you are coherent, happy and SLEEVED!
C J
on 9/10/10 11:57 am - Franklin, MA
Aww Lynn... Soooooooo happy for you and that everything went well!!!!!!!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views