WTF...I thought my program was pretty together but.....

Lynn C
on 8/30/10 8:44 am
Its been kind of a whirl wind but it has been 11 weeks since I was diagnosed with pouch dilation - I'm scheduled for surgery on 9/7 and preop testing on 9/1 - had an appointment with the surgeon a few weeks ago to discuss the actual surgery and I'm feeling good.

So I emailed my nut last night to find out if I'll be leaving the hospital on clear liquids or full (it was full with the band but I figured VSG might be different due to the staple line) - what is her response - "You need to come in right away to get the handouts and information" 

WTF? Its been on the books for 11 weeks now - the week before is not the time to pull this. I've done WLS before, I have all of the standard handouts, I'm up on diet progression - been there done that (and I have an appointment to see her 1 week post op).  My boss is on vacation this week - taking of wed morning to do the preop stuff is leaving my office dangerously short staffed and my boss isn't even her to ask about more time off - just can't do it. 

You don't think they'd cancel my date because I didn't see her do you?

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

LisaBC86
on 8/30/10 9:52 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I wouldn't think so Lynn - and if they try present it to here the way you did here ..... which Nut. do you see ? See things do slip through the cracks and we need to be proactive - Good for you for doing so........ see you tonite !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 8/30/10 10:49 pm
Thanks Lisa - I see Kelly and honestly I old hat at this and don't really get a lot out of meetings. I personally think she is to conservitive on vitamins and anything that comes up funky she tells you to call your PCP anyway?

Oh well - we'll see.  Looking forward to tonight

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

pjaschic
on 8/31/10 10:09 pm - Middleboro, MA
If they are that important tell her to overnight them to you!!
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Lynn C
on 9/1/10 10:15 pm
LOL that's the spirt Charlene!! I haven't heard back from her yet so? I have to call the office tomorrow to confirm my surgery time so I guess I'll find out then. Should be fine though.

Lynn C ~

Merrie60
on 9/1/10 10:07 pm, edited 9/1/10 10:07 pm
I hope not
Lynn C
on 9/2/10 12:00 am
Got an email from my nut - she appologized that we didn't get to have a chat preop as they like to do that with revision patients. She is mailing me all the paperwork I would have gotten (Food listes, etc) and has changed my post op appointment from one week to two so looks like I'm good to go!!!

Whoot!!

Lynn C ~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views