2 non-scale victories / challenge

LisaBC86
on 8/24/10 7:32 am - Bridgewater, MA
So I went away this past couple of days and had what I consider 2 YEAH moments that I consider victories : the 1st was a climbed something called the Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown - it contained 116 steps and 60 ramps without being winded !!!  16 months ago - I probably wouldn't have bothered even doing it - but if I had - there is NO way I would have been out of breath - so I was pretty happy !!

the 2nd - I'm in the middle of the Couch to 5K - Week 3 Day 1 - was today..... i was overtired and it was cold and rainy - I so bad wanted to say 'never mind' - I'll do it tomorrow ...... But at 6:30 I got up and got dressed and did it anyways ! I will admit that I missed doing all of the runs (didn't do about 45 sec. of one ) but I was still pretty happy with myself for getting up and doing it.

now my challenge - FOOD - big surprise - today I sat with my hot cup of tea that I had been dying for and CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies - ughhh - I had been craving them and caved in.....I did look at the bag and see what a serving size was (3 cookies) and ate only 3 BUT ughh - hating myself for giving in to the craving cause I feel like things like this will give way to other stuff ! Also had a piece of fried dough - small but a piece - in the same day - I've been trying really hard not to give into more than 1 craving (of bad stuff) a day but have failed today - and it's only 5:30 - know there will probably be another ........

Hoping tomorrow will be another day where I handle it better...... needed to vent ...... and share...

thanks guys !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 8/24/10 8:20 am
Awesome, awesome, awesome - I remember the first time I opted for stairs vs the elevator - my hubby almost passed out from shock. I give you a lot of credit for getting up and running/walking in this weather 

As for the snacking - maybe its your bodys way of telling you that you've upped your exercise but not your food intake so its getting to snack on "not so good" things. Are you writing down you food to see how much/little you're really getting?

Keep up the good work!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

RedSox15
on 8/24/10 8:46 am - MA
AWESOME JOB on the NSV ... I LOVE PTown - that monument is beautiful! Do I smell this as an exercise outing for us???

I hear ya on the cookie part .. temptation can be a nasty beeyotch sometimes. If you want to try to find the good in it be proud that you only ate the serving size. Try not to get too hung up on it. BE PROUD you ran in this crappy weather ... that is amazing in itself. I complain about having to take my dog outside when it is drizzling out, let alone go for a run !

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LISA !!!!!!!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Sue M.
on 8/25/10 5:08 am - Nantucket, MA
AWESOME!

Congrats on running in the rain.  I was totally not going to on Sunday, which is the most important running day of my week, and I sucked it up and ran 6 miles in the rain.  totally worth it - feels like a bigger accomplishment than a 10 mile walk.

Cookies happen.  What makes it good is to know that you can have some, and then walk away. 
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
jugilber
on 8/25/10 3:52 pm - MA
Gooooooooo Lisa..!!!
Miss I hate to run.....your awesome.  I also have been struggling with food lately...I saw my therapist and she said to just try to make the healthiest decision you can make...Dont beat yourself up...forgive and move on.  Our goal is to eat like normal people...not saints.  The important thing is to be aware in the moment...which you were...deciding to eat one serving...
your doing an awesome job!!!
hang in there Lisa on the food stuff....and ROCK on for the rest!!!  Your an inspiration!!
Julie

pjaschic
on 8/25/10 8:23 pm - Middleboro, MA
Congrats on the monument and the rain!! I wouldn't have done either! And you certainly burned enough calories to eat those cookies and fried dough! Don't beat yourself up about it, we all do it at some point. Chips are my nasty weak spot. Walking around the pool while everyone is eating chips, I have to grab a few here and there.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
CATHERINE81
on 8/26/10 1:52 am - BROCKTON, MA
awesome awesome awesome for you lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views