Medical Alert Bracelets/ID's

RedSox15
on 8/21/10 11:47 pm - MA
Mornin' everyone !

I see a lot of posts on the Main Board and RNY Board on whether or not we should have medical alert bracelets.  I feel that half of the posters say they get them and half say they don't.  I came across this website where you can print out a medical alert card to put in your wallet if you don't want to get a bracelet ... thought it was kind of neat.  I printed one out and I'm gonna laminate it (I got a laminator for x-mas years ago ... thought I'd never use it! hah!)

Here is the website if anyone is interested ...  http://medids.com/free-medID-card.html

Oh, and for medical conditions I put

RNY - Gastric Bypass
No NSAIDS/No Blind NG Tube/No Sugars

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Just Brooke
on 8/22/10 2:16 am
I bought one 6 months after surgery. It sits on the inside of my wrist ...and no one can read it. I haven't had to "use" it yet ..but it's there!! I'd rather be safe than sorry.

RedSox15
on 8/22/10 4:42 am - MA
Yeah, I'm debating whether or not to get one ... they have some really pretty ones out there!  I agree - better be safe than sory! :)
*Kate*

RedSox15
on 8/22/10 10:12 pm - MA
HaHa - just had to share w/ you ....  I had a dream last night about medical id bracelets!!  The website I was looking at the other day had a really nice silver bracelet w/ green designs on it.  I really liked it.  Well, last night in my dream, I ordered the green one but a red and orange one came.  I was so mad and got really upset and started crying!  Crazy!
*Kate*

judex
on 8/23/10 1:56 am
 I have been meaning to get a bracelet and have not done it yet but will this week I promise!
I might carry a card in my wallet but I think the bracelet is the best way to go.

In an emergency and  if you are unconscious  or unable to speak EMTs/ER's may begin treatment without looking in your wallet..your wallet may be lost in the emergency , car crash, fire etc.. If you are wearing a bracelet you are more likely, IMHO, to get the proper treatment. just sayin'...

jude
LisaBC86
on 8/24/10 6:44 am - Bridgewater, MA
Kate - Not sure what one you're loooking at but you can order a plate that can have attachable bracelets - which I (you) can make - if you decide to do that let me know.....and we can do some and I can send the link....

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
pjaschic
on 8/31/10 10:20 pm - Middleboro, MA
Not sure what your talking about because I'm not familiar with the bracelets but would like more info on your idea. What kind of bracelets can we make?? And send me the link please.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
redheadedgirl
on 8/30/10 10:42 am
Since I had one before surgery to alert staff to my medication allergies, I opted for a new one and added my RNY. It's sort of a daily reminder to me too of how far i've come in almost one year, as I put the date of my surgery on mine.
pjaschic
on 8/31/10 10:19 pm - Middleboro, MA
I got a laminator 2 years ago, never used it. lol I'm glad you brought this up cause i have been thinking about one but don't know what to put on it!! What is a "no blind NG tube"
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
mary B.
on 9/3/10 1:46 pm - new bedford, MA
hi i got my medic alert bracelet from laurenshope.com  it was like 10 bucks for it and just had gastric bypass put on it but you can have up to three lines on it. my niece made me bracelets in different colors to clip onto it i wear it at work or when i got out alone you never know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views