Sick of being sick....

HutchBiorn
on 8/22/10 2:06 pm - West Springfield, MA
I wonder sometimes how many of these nuts have actually gone through this surgery. I am tending to agree that some of the foods I was told were ok, aren't really. You guys have gone through this... so I would think you'd know better. Not say the nuts don't know things... just i'm always the first to say docs don't know everything. :P Thanks guys... advice is well taken.
Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

HutchBiorn
on 8/23/10 2:47 am - West Springfield, MA
That makes me feel better Redsox. I would hate to think I wouldn't be able to eat eggs again. I love eggs. The doc really emphasized on taking in protein, which is why I chose eggs. And I had them almost every morning while in the hospital... with no trouble. So I am hoping this has just been a fluke in digestion..
Starting weight 309

Mal
on 8/23/10 7:39 pm
Some things I would recommend as your 'safe' foods that won't make you sick (these worked for me anyway):

Pureed chicken salad (make yourself add mayo/celery/onion whatever you like)
Tuna salad
Refried Beans (can add salsa, cheese etc)
String Cheese
Laughing Cow Cheese
Greek or Light Yogurt
Deli Meats Rolled up with Cheese
Chili

Just a few suggestions to get you started.  I had a HORRIBLE time from the very beginning whenever I tried a new food and would get sick.  From months 2-4 (I'm at 4 months postop now) all I did was throw up.  I lived on these "safe" foods and protein shakes during that period of time plus I ate (and still eat) a lot of s/f popsicles.  A week ago they did an EGD (scope down the throught) on me and found out that I developed a stricture and I had it stretched.  I'm finally able to eat without getting sick now but I have another appointment to have it done again because that sick feeling is returning allready.  Good luck hun and think of your new pouch as if it were a new baby and introduce foods slowly.

Mallisa

HutchBiorn
on 8/24/10 2:46 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks Mal. I have had tuna and held it. haven't tried chicken as of yet.. less ya count that spread stuff from Underwoods. :P Well, yesterday was a good day. Had beans & franks twice, eggs for dinner. Held it all. I made the eggs as a salad this time as opposed to scrambling. Not sure if that was a difference or what, but it worked. Gonna try some veggies today.. something like peas or lima beans, something that can be mushed. Still not too keen on solids just yet, but gotta work it in eventually right?
Starting weight 309

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views