Sick of being sick....

HutchBiorn
on 8/21/10 10:49 am - West Springfield, MA
And wanting so much to eat real food. By all means, if i'm following the guide right... I should be eating solids now. But noooooo, i'm STILL on frikken pureed.  Started introducing solids this past week. Started Monday with eggs and sausage. Went down just fine..  Tuesday, beans and franks... things went fine till later that night. Forgot what dinner was, but it came back. Felt sick pretty much the day. Wednesday... eggs and sausage for breakfast, came back..sick and felt like puking all day. Thursday..sick all day, had nothing but broth. Friday..tried tunafish... held ok, later on tried beans and franks again... didn't work to well. Today, tried vienna sausage... came back and have felt sick all day. So.. Sir has restricted me to liquids and purees... if still feeling sick Monday, then it's back to the doc. :( I had really hoped things would go as I was told they could... unfortunately, the parts of the bad stuff that was told is the only thing I see at this point. When will it end so I can start feeling better and enjoying life again?
Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

Valerieb09
on 8/21/10 11:50 am - Seacoast, NH
These foods are all a bit heavy and greasy for just a month out.  What does your food guide say from your surgeon?  I wasn't eating anything like that at a month out....if I remember correctly I had things like oatmeal for breakfast, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.  A lot of people can't tolerate eggs early out....you might want to wait a few months before trying again. 

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

HutchBiorn
on 8/21/10 9:36 pm - West Springfield, MA
My guide says I can or at least should be able to eat all of this stuff. I use turkey sausage and hot dogs cause they aren't as high in the grease content and only 1. I make small pieces, take at least 3 minutes to chew each piece. Eggs, vienna sausage and beans can be mushed so... and I take the same precauttions to eat that as anything else. Just doesn't seem to matter..what goes in mostly, comes back out. I feel like i'm starving.
Starting weight 309

RedSox15
on 8/21/10 11:49 pm - MA
I was able to tolerate eggs the day I come home from the hospital. Egg beaters were on my list that I could eat right away. Once I was started on stage 4 I had the MorningStar Farms sausage - very east to tolerate. As long as these foods are in your guide (which they seem to be) you should be OK to eat them. Sorry they are making you sick bummer !! Everything seemed to be going great for you .. sorry for the setback. Feel better soooooooooooooon
Merrie60
on 8/22/10 10:28 am
Hi,

I think those foods are too heavy and fatty.  I was on pureed until last Friday and I am 8 weeks out. At that time my nutritionist put me on Stage 5 the way you eat for the rest of your life.  I am very careful.  I try to eat foods that are light to start.  I could not imagin eating a hotdog or sausage.  I was eating cream of wheat and oatmeal, canned in water peaches, Wendy's chili with extra hamburg added ot it and very teeny portions.  Hope this helps you.

Merrie
HutchBiorn
on 8/22/10 10:39 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks redsox... not liking the set back either.

I am being careful about what and how much I eat. If i'm not sure about something, I call my nutritionist. After that scare I had that damn near killed me, you better believe i'm being careful. I ain't taking in anything the nutritionist says no to. And so far, what I eat is approved. Just... my tiny tummy ain't approving at the moment. Just needs time to readjust.

Starting weight 309

Just Brooke
on 8/22/10 10:50 am
NUTS all have a different guide they work with ...and it varies office to office but if WE (fellow bypass patients) are telling you these things are too much for you ...try some other stuff. I have yet to meet anyone who can tolerate eggs for at least 3-6 months. Sausage? I can't even eat sausage and im 2 years post op ...and I've tried ALL kinds. Vienna sausage is just garbage for anyone. The only thing on your list that I would of even considered eating was the tuna. In my opinion ...you are jumping the gun to quickly. These are foods that should be enjoyed 6,9,12 months post op. Not now. And I don't know why she would tell you things were OK ...there is SO MUCH stuff you could be enjoying at this point.

RedSox15
on 8/22/10 9:58 pm - MA
Hi !   LOL -- I tolerated eggs the day I came home from the hospital.  Well, egg beaters!  They were on my stage 3, the stage I was sent home from the hospital on for the soft/pureed foods.  I had maybe e or 4 bites.  Now you can say you've met someone who has tolerated eggs since day 1.  hehe :)

The morningstar farms sausage isn't real sausage... they are veggie sausages and 2 links has 3 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.  These were also on my stage 4 food lists.  Maybe try some of these Hutch?  They might sit better with you than real sausage.  I have yet to try a real sausage or hot dog.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Just Brooke
on 8/23/10 8:54 am
Hi *waving in the air like a crazy person* LOL!! I still can't do eggs ...well I can if I add cheese to it. At my center ...eggs of any kind aren't allowed for 3 months.

RedSox15
on 8/23/10 11:09 am - MA
OMG love cheese on eggs!  It's crazy how each center has different rules for food.  Mine had us on egg beaters right out of the hospital.  I didn't try a hard boiled egg until about 3 weeks ago ... hmm, so good! :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views