Mass General Plastic Surgery residency clinic?

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/10 12:51 am
I read a post this morning that someone had plastic surgery through the residency clinic at mass general. I had been considering mexico because I need a lot of work and cannot afford to have it all done in the US. But not only is mexico a little scary just for being in another country and having surgery but now with all of the violence and kidnappings going on there I'm pretty dead set against stepping foot in mexico. Soooo has anyone else gone through the residency program at mass general? I've tried to google it and find more info but I can't find anything any where it's sunday so I can't call and ask but I'm so impatient and I want more info!!!!!
nicunicu2002
on 8/24/10 8:46 am - Sharon, MA
Bree...

I had my plastic surgery at Mass Gen.  I cannot say enough positive things about that program.  When you call for the appt, make sure you ask for the residence program.  I literally saved thousands of dollars going there.  I chose to go there instead of out of the country because I wanted to be able to be close to my physician if I had post op complications.  I had a lower face lift in November of last year, then in january, had a BL/BA and tummy tuck.  I am an RN and checked out this program thoroughly.  The process is easy and the care I received was incredible.  The fees included everything and I never had to pay for a doctors visit when I went in.  The thing that a lot of people dont understand about residents, is that if you have surg in a major teaching hosp most of the time you are going to have a resident at least assisting in the operating room.  When you go thru this program, you will meet the chief resident.  Depending on what procedure you have done, he will notify the attending physician, and let you meet him as well.  The attending is a board certified plastic surgeon, most often top of their game.  I was able to research the attendings before having my surgeries.  When I had my face lift, I had one of the top facial plastic surgs in boston at my surgery and my face looks incredible.  feel free to view some of my pics.  My BL/BA is superb...Anyways, I think you will be satisfied.  I also did not have to pay for the consultation as well.  Please email me on my personal email at [email protected] if you have any questions.  Will be happy to help you in any way that I can.  By the way, the care I received with my surgs at Mass General was soooooooo much better than Brigham...didnt even compare. 

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/10 1:15 am
thanks so much for all the info... I have my consult a week from tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. It's going to be much easier to be less scared and more excited about my plastics at mass general then mexico lol... We have the same surgeon! I always say Dr Lautz is just the most amazing person I have ever met and I've never had so much respect for someone.. He really cares about what he does and about his patients. I was happy with MOST of the care at Brighams so if mass general is much better then I really have nothing to worry about. Thanks again!
nicunicu2002
on 8/25/10 10:47 pm - Sharon, MA
i wish you luck in your journey Bree...i think you will really be happy with your appt.  they are awesome and take all the time in the world....keep me posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views