TUFTS HOWL Seminar/Orientation & Immersion Day

RedSox15
on 8/15/10 9:08 am - MA
See you there everyone!  I always sit in the same seat ... when you walk into the auditorium I sit all the way in the front to the left.  I sit in the 2nd row from the front.  I'll most likely be wearing my new blue red sox shirt (hahaha what else!!)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

pjaschic
on 8/15/10 7:18 pm - Middleboro, MA
C J is your doctor Malcolm Robinson??? I had him at the Brigham unless totally diff doc?? He is horrible!! I could tell you horror stories about my experience although I went to the Brigham.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
C J
on 8/17/10 9:35 am - Franklin, MA

Dr.Robinson was my LapBand surgeon back in 2007 - I've got nothing but praise for him... really liked the fact that I met with him every visit. When my band slipped in 2008 he met me in the ER at like midnight (in his street clothes), he was so kind - I was terrified thought I was going to die he held my hand and assured me I'd be ok.   He took my band out the next morning.  I had a few followups and didn't see him again until November 09 when I started looking into a revision. I appealed and appeald with Dr.R's help but BCBS just would budge. In June he  referred me to Dr.Lautz for RNY - I called Lautz and coulnd't get an appointment until January!!!   That left me with a sour feeling - what if I had an emergency post-op - would it take 7months to get to see my surgeon!!!  Still unsure why After two + years of being with Dr.R he referred me to a different surgeon within his practice.

I think everyone has their own opinion of their surgeon - I still think Dr.R is awesome and his staff was always super great - appointments were timely. The hospital it'self was just awful - I recovred in the hallway for hours and hours cuz there was no room - I just seemed to be forgotted over there in the dark corner of the room.

I'm seeking my revision at Tufts - I'm still "new" but really feeling good about it - the program is so structured and the focus on aftercare is reassuring.

Maybe it's a blessing he's not doing my RNY!

pjaschic
on 8/17/10 7:15 pm - Middleboro, MA
Unfortunately I did not have the same feelings about him. Dr. Lautz has done far more RNYs than Dr. Robinson!! That's prob why. Maybe Dr. Rob doesn't like to do RNY after band??  That was the worst hospital I have ever been in!! And due to my surgery I have been there far to many times. I could also be putting some of my complication blame on Robinson, but some is justified. I'm glad to hear your not going with him.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
MK M.
on 8/21/10 12:52 am - Natick, MA
girls - i suck!

hubby & i were all ready to go to the HOWL... on tuesday. LOL i have no idea why i had it in my mind as tuesday not monday! i was actually in at tufts monday morning for my follow-up w/ kerri & ketra. so dumb.

anyway - we'll be there next month and i'll be sure to say hi. Kate - do you go to one of the smaller groups monthly?
C J
on 8/21/10 5:17 am - Franklin, MA

Woops!!  Monday / Tuesday - good thing you didn't get all the way in town only to find an empty auditorium!!    Monday Monday Monday --- Mark your Calendar September 20th!

Did ya ever ask ur hubs about Immersion on 10/5?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views