hospitalized (again!)

MK M.
on 8/10/10 9:58 pm - Natick, MA
hey folks,

thanks for all of the welcome home words of wisdom in my 'home from surgery' thread from last week. i just wanted to give you my not so fun update (this will be the summary and i'll post full details later when i can focus a little better - heavily pain medded & waiting for RN)

the short story:
*tues - RNY @ tufts w/ dr. tarnoff - woke up feeling overall pretty good but with lots of left-sided pain
*wed - boat load pain - defintely heavy-handed on the morphine pump. my roomie was pretty pain free and i kept apologizing for being a baby LOL the bruising and discoloration around that incision was significant
*thur - discharged to home - with same or worse left-sided pain but dr. tarnoff's associate (who plays a much bigger role in the long version of this adventure) kept saying it was typical after a quick glance, so i just out on my big girl panties and dealt with the pain
*fri - at home w/ almost no relief from pain despite poppin' the meds around the clock (at around the large, left side incision)
*sat - same as friday. pain really bad (and i'm usually a tough gal when it comes to any type of pain) temp:
*sun - pain still excruciating. temp: 101.8. dr. tarnoff has me come into the ER - surgical resident determines i have a wound infection
*mon & tues - hospitalized w/ IV abx, crazy pain & wound care (longer story later today)
*tues - discharged tues eve and i'll have daily wound care nurse visits care for who-knows-how-long - got to run right now actually because i've got the intake nurse coming at 8am!

thanks for reading - will update later.

xoxo MK
highest weight: 331 (may 2010)   |   current weight: 304   |   surgery date: august 3, 2010

do not dare to live without some clear intention toward which your living shall be bent.
                   mean to be something with all your might. ~phillips brooks

LisaBC86
on 8/10/10 10:07 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Keep us posted when you feel better which I hope is very soon ! Best of luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Merrie60
on 8/10/10 11:38 pm
I hope you feel better soon. I had an infection at the site where my pump was. It has taken about 4 weeks to heal. very little pain after 1st week.  It will heal. sorry for the curve in the road. get better soon.

Merrie
Rachel P.
on 8/11/10 3:50 pm
Hope u feel better very very soon.. So sorry ur going through that pain. My surgery is on the 18th and I'm so scared especially now. I will pray for ur speedy recovery.. Keep us posted...

Rachel
MK M.
on 8/15/10 6:12 am - Natick, MA
thanks for the well wishes, folks. i'm feeling a lot better and will have a wound vac put in on tuesday to help speed t he process along.

rachel! *HUG* please don't let this add to your fear, hon. just a little hiccup - and i'm still over-the-moon happy about my decision to do this.

i'll be cheering you on and looking forward to hearing good things about your surgery on the 18th!

xoxo MK
highest weight: 331 (may 2010)   |   current weight: 304   |   surgery date: august 3, 2010

do not dare to live without some clear intention toward which your living shall be bent.
                   mean to be something with all your might. ~phillips brooks

pjaschic
on 8/15/10 7:37 pm - Middleboro, MA
I hope you have a speedy recovery!! Keep us updated!
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views