Stressing and I want FOOD!!

DwindlingFlower
on 8/1/10 5:58 am - Quincy, MA
So, some of you know that I am in Hawaii at the moment, here to help my mom move from her condo which she has been in since 1997 into a home she just purchased....  I grew up here in the islands and have missed the local cuisine that is impossible to find on the mainland.

The stress is not necessarily coming from the move itself.... its mostly coming from my niece's girlfriend... my oldest niece and her girlfriend have been living with my mother since last October and have yet to get a job or even apply for food stamps... so my 63 year old mother who is disabled, walks on two canes and is due to have gastric bypass herself at Tufts on the 23rd of august, has been financially supporting these two girls for almost a year, and then 2 months ago they come home with a dog, which my mother has also been supporting....

well the girlfriend is a piece of work and frankly I cant stand her, so thats really where the stress is coming from... and its quite complicated,

but to make this easy... all the foods I never have anymore are surrounding me and I want them all....  portugese sweet bread, taro bread, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, spicy ahi poke, kim chee shrimp, mac salad, meat jun, manapua, pork hash, loco moco, kona coffee ice cream, green tea ice cream, butter mochi, peanut butter mochi, strawberry mochi, shave ice, AHHHHHHHHHH....  Im totally obsessing on food right now and I know the stress is only exascerbating it.

I just had to vent to you guys,.... I so want to come home to Boston!!

DwindlingFlower

LisaBC86
on 8/1/10 11:35 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hang in there Flower - we know it's not easy.... but keep strong - if you should fall - walk, run, do something extra - do that anyways to get your mind in another place !  Hopefully everything will work out but remember you need to take care of YOU ! My thoughts are with you ! Keep strong and stay away from the food ! lol :) Try anyways !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RedSox15
on 8/1/10 12:05 pm, edited 8/1/10 12:06 pm - MA
Sorry you're stressing, Flower! With all that delicious sounding food around I would be too! Those mochi flavors sound good! I know there is not much I can say that you haven't heard before ... but we are here to support you! Hopefully you can get a little time to yourself and think things through. You'll be able to get a handle on the situation.

Sorry you have to deal with your neice and her girlfriend acting like that .. ugh! Pretty soon your mom will be up in Boston with you and you both can get away from the situation!

We miss you already!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

CATHERINE81
on 8/1/10 11:29 pm - BROCKTON, MA
hey mamma hang in there we all miss you and want you home.. sorry your so stressed hope it smooths out for you i got a big hug for you when you return... miss you bunches

cat
Lynn C
on 8/2/10 12:00 am
((((hugs))))

Just remember why you can't have a ton of the stuff you want (you can have a little) and with the nice weather there outdoor exercise is a must!!

You'll be home soon. You can do it!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Meg_S
on 8/2/10 1:44 am - Natick, MA
I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. It's really not the food but I think you know that. You're concerned about your Mom with the move, your neice and girlfriend living off of your Mom and I think, to some extent, your Mom's upcoming surgery. Try to put the food out of your mind and resolve that when your Mom is up here having here surgery and recovering with you, you can calmly talk to her about the living situation and possibly telling your niece and girlfriend they need to be out by a certain date and stick to it. She is going to need to concentrate on herself after surgery and can't be making everyone else her first priority. Could you talk to your sister or brother (niece's parent) and let them know how you feel?

Meg
Mara C.
on 8/2/10 5:33 am - Millbury, MA
Hang in there, and I agree just have a bite or two of one (or two) of the things you want most.  It will be enough that you won't feel deprived.  Do lots of exercise, get in lots of great fresh fish and the other healthy fresh local foods, you'll be fine.  I agree, with the above poster, if it were me I'd talk to my Mom about letting the girls have a "move out date".  She is trying to do a good thing, but she needs to focus on herself and these girls are taking advantage of her.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
LisaBC86
on 8/2/10 10:41 am - Bridgewater, MA
Checking in Flower - things better today - hoping they are - at least a little sending :) and ((()))) your way !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
DwindlingFlower
on 8/5/10 6:44 am - Quincy, MA
Thanks everyone for all the support, I really appreciate it.  Mom is all moved in and now we are setting everything up and getting the house squared away.  We just got the DSL set up in the new house yesterday so I could respond any sooner but was able to read responses on my Ipad and it definately helped!!  Only a few days left before Mom and I start our trek back to Boston so she can have surgery.... Cant wait to get home!!

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views