OMG! MY HAIR!!

MommyosaRose
on 7/23/10 3:37 am

Hi everyone!

I haven't had much to complain about my RNY and have, in fact, been blessed in every way thus far. However, this morning while taking a shower, I was shampooing my hair and literally gasped in horror!

As I shampooed my hair and worked the lather from the roots to the ends I ended up with the biggest chunk of hair I have ever seen come off my head! There was so much hair that it covered the entire surface the palm of my hand; fingers included.

Thankfully I did not end up with a bald spot (which was my first thought) but the hair that came out made me gasp and say "OMG" so loud my 8yr old daughter came running into the bathroom to see if everything was ok! LOL

I haven't worried much about the hair loss because I have always had A LOT OF THICK HAIR and I could afford to loose some, but today's experience really got to me and now I am wondering....Has anyone here lost so much hair that they needed a wig?  Also, how long (average) did it take for your hair loss to stop?

I'm freaked out people! Help me here!  LOL
Thanks,
Rose

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

LisaBC86
on 7/23/10 4:22 am - Bridgewater, MA
HI !! I know how you feel - I am about 15 months out and still have it falling out - but minimally now - But YES I lost tons and it looked like it for a bit - but is now growing back in - didn't need a wig but was beginning to think I was going to .........

Good luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
MommyosaRose
on 7/23/10 4:28 am
If it doesn't stop soon I'm afraid I will be growing a whole new head of hair!  Thanks for the reply!

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

HutchBiorn
on 7/23/10 8:57 am - West Springfield, MA
WAIT!  We loose hair with this??!!
Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views