Where can I buy Chewable Calcium locally quick?

DwindlingFlower
on 7/20/10 11:14 pm - Quincy, MA
So I normally buy my calcium from GNC but yesterday when I went to stock up before I leave for a trip tomorrow, they were out and their website says that particular calcium is backordered so I cant even order it and have it shipped to my destination.  I tried vitamin shoppe and they didnt have jack either. So... where are people buying their calcium locally instead of online?

DwindlingFlower

LisaBC86
on 7/21/10 12:16 am - Bridgewater, MA
I buy mine online as well - see another reason I want a store - ugghh Anyhow I have the Bariatric Advantage Lemon - raspberry and chocolate and the wild cherry lozenges - if you don't find any - give me a call and I can probably supplement you until you get back !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
DwindlingFlower
on 7/21/10 5:46 am - Quincy, MA
Thanks Lisa!!  I managed to find a liquid called Wellesse at a Rite Aid in Quincy. I never shop there which is why I didnt know they carried it. So atleast I wont run out on my trip!! Whew!!

DwindlingFlower

pjaschic
on 7/21/10 10:00 pm - Middleboro, MA
Lisa, What web site do you order from??
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
M M
on 7/21/10 2:22 am
 You're in Quincy - right?

The most local BARIATRIC store to you is in NEW HAMPSHIRE.   

Down south it is in North Dartmouth.

If you're only using generic calcium citrate products -- you can get those anywhere -- they just are huge to swallow or taste awful.

____

First, you know about GastricBypassSupplements.com, right?  They are a super-cool sponsor of MM.net, but they are also sortakindabutnotreally local to me.  You can visit their actual store, Faunce Corner Nutrition in North Dartmouth, MA.

Marc, the store's owner, and his staff are very helpful and personable, and totally worth the visit.

Find them at:

Faunce Corner Nutrition 
350 Faunce Corner Road 
North Dartmouth, MA 02747 
(508) 998-2155

Next, Cape Cod Nutrition, in Hyannis and Plymouth, MA.  I haven't been in to the Hyannis location, but they do carry a host of things we can use.  The Plymouth store has a limited selection of protein items, and some vites and supplements, but they do not carry bariatric-specific items.  (Though I have asked.) I've met two of the employees, one seemed awfully new and didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a certain protein product, but they were both pleasant.

Find them at:

Cape Cod Nutrition Corner 
75 Iyannough Rd. Hyannis, MA 02601
221 Colony Place Plymouth, MA 02360
1-888-666-3058

Up north?  You can visit Nashua Nutrition -- which may be the only bariatric-only shop that I am aware of in our area.  I've been there, they've got a nice spread of WLS foods and supplements, I left with a big bag of goodies when we visited.

Find them at:

Nashua Nutrition 522 Amherst Street Suite 1 Nashua, NH 03063

Just Brooke
on 7/21/10 3:24 am
Rite Aide has a GNC section ...a whole row actually. Not sure if they have what you are looking for but if you have a Rite Aide nearby than it might be worth the trip.

DwindlingFlower
on 7/21/10 5:47 am - Quincy, MA
Brooke, Rite Aid was a lifesaver!! They had a liquid version called Wellesse.... at this point... leaving in under 18 hours... I will take it lol.

Thanks for the advice!!

DwindlingFlower

Just Brooke
on 7/21/10 10:05 am
Sweet, I'm good for something LOL

jugilber
on 7/21/10 9:56 pm - MA
hey flower
We have a ton of chewable calcium from bariatric advantage and I know I dont take it and I think Karrie doesnt either...they are cinnamon losenges...we have a ton

let me know if you want for your trip.
Julie

javanomor
on 7/22/10 11:04 pm - Worcester, MA
I bought some at my local The Vitamin Shoppe in Auburn, MA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost