Ughhhh

LisaBC86
on 7/18/10 8:07 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Ok just need to vent - walked 20 + miles this week and for the 2nd week in a row  - I've gained. Up a lb. I know I know - I shouldn't panic - but gaining 2 weeks in a ROW is worrying me. Especially seeing all the walking I've done - I know - muscles - but still. Ok just needed to vent .......

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 7/18/10 10:25 pm
 Quick take some measurements - calves, thighs, hips, butt - I bet even though the scale is going up you're getting smaller (skinny biatch). Make sure your staying hydrated to!

It may be time to buy a scale that measures lean muscle and fat percentages (I just got one for my Bday - soooooo cool).

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

RedSox15
on 7/18/10 11:48 pm - MA
Lisa - I hear ya!!!  I gained 3 lbs this week.  I panicked when I saw that.  I weighed myself and then went for a walk and the scale still didn't go down.  When walking and biking a ton this week.  Damn these scales screw with our heads!!

I second what Lynn said ... takes some measurements and I bet you will see a difference.  I bought 2 pairs of pants yesterday in smaller sizes and that is what is keeping me from wanting to crawl in a hole this morning.  lol
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

DwindlingFlower
on 7/18/10 11:48 pm - Quincy, MA
thats a great idea Lynn, that was my first thought though... muscles.... heavier than fat...

oh and I so didnt get sick last night after my skinny cow.... yippee...

DwindlingFlower

LisaBC86
on 7/20/10 7:46 am - Bridgewater, MA
Flower - happy for you - I think !! Glad you didn't dumb but don't get addicted !!! Have fun in Hawaii and I can't wait for November for you !

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Sue M.
on 7/19/10 2:05 am - Nantucket, MA
all that walking causes your muscles to hold water as they repair.  plus, the more muscles... you know all this, I don't have to tell you.

I'm still up the same 2 lbs from goal (and 4 lbs from where I was steady for a long time).  I just have to remind myself that my "skinny" pants fit, and sometimes, THAT is the scale I have to follow.

Frustrating as all get out. 

20 miles this weekend!  WOOT!!!  Focus on THAT accomplishment!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
pjaschic
on 7/19/10 10:19 am - Middleboro, MA
Holly cow 20+ miles!! You go girl. I agree it could be water weight or muscle. As long as the clothes are still fitting don't sweat it.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
jugilber
on 7/19/10 5:17 pm - MA
get off the scale...do you want me to come throw yours away as well??? (i threw ours away)
can you say fluid retention....its hot and the longer walks can cause you fluid retention....and I am sure you are buffing up!!!
Your doing a great job...
See you thes weekend?  what day was decided? 
hang in there lisa...
Julie

LisaBC86
on 7/20/10 7:45 am - Bridgewater, MA
Sue I know I know - I just hate when it goes up - cause a little of that panic - but as Charlene said - I'm still in the same clothes - although what I gained shouldn't cause that - yet !

Lynn great suggestion but to late I've already gained and don't know what the measurements were before so.....

Kate - they are right - have to look at exercise as the accomplishment not loss ! But hard to get in that mind set.

Julie - NO I don't want to throw it away ...... lol thats' how I got here - I wasy ONCE a week just so I can stay on top of it - and not step on it a few months and see a 20-30 lb. gain.

This weekend is Sunday - and I'm so looking forward to it !!! I love seeing all of you guys and it makes the walking sooooo much more fun !

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views