new to boards

cmchugh_723
on 7/14/10 2:07 am - Kingston, MA
Hi Everyone, I am new to the boards.  I am scheduled for surgery on Sept 7th at Tufts.  I was trying to see if there are any support groups in the area.  After I have the surgery I would like to be able to go to a support group that is closer than Boston.  I live in the South Shore area. 

Thanks! 
LisaBC86
on 7/14/10 2:54 am - Bridgewater, MA
Welcome !! Good luck on your upcoming journey ! As far as support groups - not sure if it's close enough for you but we have one in Bridgewater - we meet the last Monday of every month ! We also get together for physical activities. Check the boards for the Castle Island trip coming up. Feel free to PM if you want any details !

Lisa

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
jugilber
on 7/14/10 4:54 am - MA
 welcome...
I might suggest coming before your surgery...great preop support....can have many questions answered...
Good luck and looking forward to seeing you!
Julie

RedSox15
on 7/14/10 11:12 pm - MA
Welcome! This board is amazing. I also went to Tufts - great program! Definitely check out some pre-op groups. The one in Bridgewater is awesome and another fantastic one is in Quincy @ Flower's house. Also check out the HOWL meeting at Tufts. The next one is July 19 (6-7pm for post-op but pre-op always welcome and from 7-8 is specifically for pre-op)

Lynn C
on 7/15/10 1:31 am
Cool - a surgery buddy!! I'm having my revision from LapBand to VSG at BIDMC on 9/7/10!!!

You should head over to the Bridgewater meeting this month - its a great group!

Good luck

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

cmchugh_723
on 7/15/10 8:07 am - Kingston, MA
Can you give me some details on hte Bridgewater meeting?  I am not too far from Bridgewater and I would love to hear about everyone's experiences with WLS. 
RedSox15
on 7/15/10 8:44 am - MA
Bridgewater Meeting = awesome!
6:30pm @ Faith Chapel in Bridgewater (we are not a religious meeting, just lucky enough to meet for free @ the church!  Although we give a dollar or two for a donation.)  The address is 340 Pleasant Street, right on rt. 104.  There are a ton of us as the meeting from this OH board.  We do a lot of exercise outings together and have a really fun time.  It has been great getting to know them.  Lisa runs the meeting and you can ask her anything if you have any other questions!
We sometimes do a topic for the meeting.  Last week we brought in our before & after photos; the week before that we did a recipe swap and brought in some goodies.  It's a great time.  Pre & Post ops welcome :) :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Hello and welcome from another Boston bean! *What* is up with all the great OH members on the South Shore? I'm lonely up here!  It's great to have you, keep coming back... 
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs