venous stasis(swolling in ankles and feet and calfs)

tipa
on 7/6/10 8:54 am
i have a question i am a female bmi of 45.5and i wiegh 264.5 and i am 5'4 tall i have been over wieght for my whole life adult and child hood i have been dealing with this venous stasis that i was diagnosis with about 1 year ago but i have had it for about 6 years and it is now at the point that it is really bad so that is why i am going for the RNY surgery ... i just want to know if when i get this surgery and i lose like 100lbs if my ankles will go down to normal!? if i wear sandels that is when they getting swollen or if i go barefoot for a long time .. but if i wear sneakers i am fine becuase of the compression!  thanks for reading  if any one who had the same problem before surgery and now after surgery it went away!
RedSox15
on 7/6/10 8:59 am - MA
I had surgery in December and have lost 104 pounds.  My shoe size and ankles have definitely gone down a little bit.  My pre-surgery sneakers were size 11, I am now in a 9.5   I threw out about 6 pairs of size 11 dress shoes/heels/flats as they were way too big and slipping off me.  I have not bought new dress shoes/heels/flats as it is summer and I am still wearing my old flip flops.  Hopefully in the fall/winter I will be able to go down a size.

I have a feeling the swelling in your ankles will go down a bit :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

tipa
on 7/6/10 9:31 am
thanks so much for the reply ! becasue this is the main reason that i am wanting this surgery !
RedSox15
on 7/7/10 9:22 am - MA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views