Guess where i am!!!!! Brigham :(

pjaschic
on 7/2/10 10:53 am - Middleboro, MA
I'll tell ya, you have to wonder if the doctors here are competent!! We were trying to decide what to take for my ulcer, since I just had bariatric surgery, i didn't think the giant carafate and omeperazole capsules were a good idea! So I went on line to see what my ins covers and doesn't and i discovered Carafate come in liquid form!!!  Well the doctor has no idea what the appropriate dose would be  or anything about it, so i call my pharmacy and explain to them as they know me very well, and she tells me how it should be written, and i go back and tell the doctor how to write the RX!!Then we are trying to find a pain reliever I'm not allergic to that comes in liquid. Again I call the pharmacy and get the list. We choose one and the doctor doesn't know how to write it, back to the pharmacy!!! she was trying the same dose of the IV form in liquid form. My pharmacist is like "WHAT!!!" Again I tell her how to write the RX. Maybe my knowledge from nursing is coming in handy!!! Then the nurse gave me my discharge RX's and the doctor order a pill to be taken twice a day but only ordered 30 tablets. HELLO!!!! thank god I checked them!!! So i haven't left yet, am waiting for the doctor who was paged an hour ago to come write the RX correctly. someone please get me out of here!!
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Lynn C
on 7/2/10 10:57 am
Get those scrips and run, don't walk, right out of there!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

pjaschic
on 7/2/10 11:39 am - Middleboro, MA
believe me I will!!! Still waiting for Dr. to come write correct script, been waiting over an hour. Talk about not wanting you to leave.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
RedSox15
on 7/2/10 2:04 pm - MA
Your cat photo is exactly how I feel about your hospital!!

SO glad you got a diagnosis finally!!!
jugilber
on 7/4/10 11:32 pm - MA
you can disolve carafate in a talespoon of water...dont get the liquid...it is a mess...it takes like 30 seconds to melt...and you can taake the omeprazole...or open it and put in applesauce...DO NOT CHEW
Julie

anewleaf
on 7/8/10 11:56 am
 omgosh.  I can't believe all you've been through.  Hope you are better soon.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views