Had my sleep test last night

Soxfan75
on 6/30/10 4:37 am - Beverly, MA
Wow was that a strange experience! I didn't realize how many electrodes are attached to our bodies. Had to be about 25 on me. I am a stomach sleeper so it made it difficult for me to get comfortable. The technician said I only slept about 4 hours but that it would be enough time for the doctor to evaluate. I didn't require the mask to be put on me at all so hopefully that is a good sign. 

This was my final appointment...I hope...before I see the surgeon again to hopefully schedule my surgery. I am in the Salem Hospital program and they require a lot of tests and appointments. I have probably been to about 15 appointments since April. I can't wait to schedule a date. I still haven't heard if I'm approved by my insurance yet either so hope that happens soon also.

I love hearing about everyone's stories and it gives me motivation and hope :) Thanks!

Beth :)
crystal4526
on 6/30/10 5:38 am - Lynn, MA
Hi Beth!

Did you have to stay the whole night?  I haven't heard whether or not I have to do the sleep study or not yet, but I am sure I will have to.

Soxfan75
on 6/30/10 8:01 am - Beverly, MA
 Hey! Ya I got there at 9pm and left this morning about 5:45am. It's set up like a hotel room. They were all really nice there. I just had a hard time getting comfortable so it wasn't much fun for me. Not everyone seems to have to do this test so not sure if you will have to. When you have your appointment with the nurse at heart and wellness she will let ya know.
sunjoymom
on 7/1/10 6:49 am - Worcester, MA
I did the home sleep study a few nights ago. Probably not as high tech as the stay over study but I didn't sleep well either. Kept waking up every hour knowing there were things stuck on me. Around 6am I took it off because the device showed enough data was obtained, and got at least 2 hours of "good sleep"...lol.

~ Tania 

Highest 324 / Surgery 305 /Goal 165 / Current 172 

Soxfan75
on 7/2/10 8:20 am - Beverly, MA
I wish I could have done the home one. It was creepy knowing someone was looking at you while you are sleeping. I hope to never have to do that again. Glad it's over :)
Todd T.
on 7/12/10 1:30 am
i was lucky and didn't have to do the sleep test
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs