Looking for Suggestions/Advice

katd70
on 6/27/10 12:08 am - Stoughton, MA
I am 2 months post surgery and I am still not getting enough protein in my diet. When I eat I get full after only a few bites and the few things that I do eat  I am getting tired of . I'm starting to get a little worried because I know that the lack of protein will catch up with me soon. I never thought eating would become such a chore. Will this ever get easier?

LisaBC86
on 6/27/10 1:40 pm - Bridgewater, MA
YES it does - just hang in there !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
pjaschic
on 6/27/10 6:53 pm - Middleboro, MA
I am 1 and  half months out and I'm having the same problem. My stomache actually hurts sometimes when I eat. Are you keeping a food journal?? I made a chart witha colume for the food I eat and the fluid I drink and then 2 more columns, one for protein and one for fluid. I can get 3 days per page. So I add up my protein and fluid for the day and then you can see what might be bothering you and what your tolerating well, then on the good days when you get a lot of protein you can reference to back to what you ate that was well tolerated. Just a suggestion.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
pjaschic
on 6/28/10 7:20 pm - Middleboro, MA
I just wanted to add that Syntrax has a medical unflavored protein powder that mixes instantly with anything. You can put it in your milk before making cream of wheat or oatmeal, or pudding. Basically you can add it to any liquid, even water, crystal light, ice tea. You name it. And it is probably the protein powder I have tried. Each scoop adds 10 grams of protein to what ever you put it in. You can also do half a scoop. I made ff sf chocolate pudding which contained 9 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving, including the milk and powder of course. It was a nice treat and tasted great!! Hope this helps.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views