Newbie - Introducing myself

Jojeki
on 6/26/10 2:55 am - Fall River, MA
Hello everyone.

I have been lurking on the message boards for a few months reading the stories and seeing the before and after pictures.  I finally decided to post.

My daughter had WLS (RNY) in Aug '09 and seeing her results coupled with what I have read here has prompted me to finally make the decision for the RNY for myself.  I have completed the "I Can Change" program in April '10 and have met with the surgeon, Dr. Lautz at Brigham & Womens in Boston.  My surgery date is 9/14/10 and the surgery will be a revision from the Nissan Fundoplication to the RNY.  I have appointments set to meet with the Cardiologist, Psych and Nutrition. 

I have to admit, I am scared and I hope that all goes well and it doesn't cause more problems than what the weight loss is worth.  If anyone has had that type of revision surgery or knows someone who did, I would like some insight.

If anyone else is having surgery at Brigham & Womens, or is just having surgery around the same time, I'd like to keep in touch to chat about stuff as we go through the stages at the same time.

Hope to make some new friends!

HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

RedSox15
on 6/26/10 3:06 am, edited 6/26/10 3:06 am - MA
Welcome!!!   This board is awesome ... great friends and great advice!! Best of luck on your upcoming surgery!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Jojeki
on 6/26/10 10:28 am - Fall River, MA
Congrats on your amount of weight loss and thanks for the welcome!

Lynn C
on 6/26/10 5:39 am
Nice to meet you and congrats on making a decision to change your life for the better. I'm also going in for a revision in Sept (the 7th) from Band to VSG so well need to check on each other!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Jojeki
on 6/26/10 10:26 am - Fall River, MA
What is a VSG?  Which hospital / surgeon are you going to?

david kern
on 6/26/10 8:19 am
hello and welcome , i know a lady who went thru the program from maine and she has done very well ,any question ask away for sure
Jojeki
on 6/26/10 10:30 am - Fall River, MA
Just nervous because I had the surgery for the Nissan done 5 yrs ago and solved "those" problems I was having.  I just know that I need to get this surgery done because my health otherwise is not good.  With a family history of heart disease, lung disease, diabetes and cancers my future doesn't look promising in my current state of unhealthiness.

pjaschic
on 6/26/10 5:09 pm - Middleboro, MA
Not to be negative, but I went to the Brigham, Dr. Robinson, and I have to say after talking to everyone else, I think their program sucks! There is so much information that wasn't given to me that everyone here who went somewhere else has been telling me. Thank god I found this place! I had my surgery May 12th and ended up back in the hospital 5 days later for 11 days on a liquid diet. I still can't tolerate 98% of foods. My diet is very limited and my tolerance for food is very bad. I have tons of nausea and pain when I eat. I can't help but wonder how good they really are there! I have heard Dr. Lautz is very nice though and I believe he has done more surgeries than the rest! You can transfere your nutrition counseling to another hospital if you haven't finished your requirements and got a date yet, which it seems you haven't. And to make things worst, my stay at the Brigham was horrible. See if he does surgery at the Faulkner! All private rooms and the staff is way more attentive. Good luck and if you have any questions about the Brigham, ask away!
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
pjaschic
on 6/26/10 5:10 pm - Middleboro, MA
OH and BTW welcome to the board!! It was a life saver for me when I was in the hospital!! There is so many people on here with so much knowledge, you'll love it!
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views