Newton Wellesley Info Session - No Discussion of VSG

Lucy van Pelt
(formerly LetItBe)

on 6/25/10 10:34 pm, edited 6/26/10 6:47 am
 Hi Everyone,

I've just switched my care to Newton Wellesley Hospital and attended Thursday night's open house.  Dr. Gazmuri presented and covered only the RNY.  It was a long evening and very crowded, so I didn't bring it up.  I'm assuming VSG was left out because few insurances cover it and/or RNY is just the go-to surgery for most people for other reasons ... ?  Any insight most appreciated!

B.
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

C J
on 6/26/10 5:15 am - Franklin, MA

Agreed! I'm guessing the Meetings are to discuss the "Gold Standard" procedure RNY and Lap-Band/Realize band becuase they are the most common and most likely to be approved by insurance companies.  If you're going to pursue VSG.  Make sure your insurance covers it or that you're willing to fight tooth and nail before you get your heart set on it.

Talk face to face with your surgeon - if he/she performs VSG's they will be more than happy to discuss it with you in more detail than you'd ever get in that crouded info session room!!!

-CJ

I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Thanks CJ!  Yes, I know my insurance covers VSG.  NWH has been doing the VSG all along.  In fact, they do not to the band at all ... 

How are YOU doing fighting the good fight?    

Onward!

B.
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost