Shoot me now, I just can't win!

Lynn C
on 6/25/10 2:36 am
I just got a call from my surgeon's insurance girl "Congrats, you were approved" - Yaaaaaaaaa - "They are going to replace your band with a new one" - HUH???? WHAT???? OK - I spoke with the surgeon about band to sleeve revision - WTF??

Then she proceeds to blame me because I emailed the office and my email said band revision so that is what she submitted me for - DUH - my email and I quote was "Band to Sleeve Revision" and since when does she use a patients email as the basis for her insurance approval??? The surgeon had to write a letter - he knew what I wanted - I just don't understand how these things get screwed up. So she has to do it all again - only took three weeks - do you think it will be faster this time??

I have a tentative surgery date of 9/7/10 - 5 days before my 5 year band anniversary - If I don't go mental by then.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

RedSox15
on 6/25/10 9:31 am, edited 6/25/10 9:31 am - MA
OMG! Is she stupid .. I completely agree - who uses an email for insurance approval .. hello! Doesn't she know what a revision is .. silly!! 

YAY for a surgery date though - that is an AWESOME anniversary gift!! 
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 6/25/10 9:43 am - Bridgewater, MA
hang in there ! I know it's frustrating ! Just keep venting to us ..... we'll listen and you can take out all that aggravation tomorrow on the walk !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 6/25/10 11:40 am
I am soooo looking forward to tomorrow - I'm really geeking it up - I'm bringing my camelbak pack so I don't have to lug a water bottle.  See ya'll at 8am (special treat for me - getting a facial after our walk, had a gift certificate to Lisa Maries that I'm finally using.....sigh)

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

LisaBC86
on 6/25/10 12:33 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I'm jealous - although what I would love is a pedicure - wanna get something with flags !! lol

I think I need like an AA meeting - I am soooo bad tonite..... all I want to do is eat - and can't seem to stop myself - ugghhhh - hoping this isn't a pattern !! So need this walk tomorrow now !! Pissed I don't have my FitBit or my Nike sensor - I do have another program though......

Ah well..... tomorrow it is ......Can't wait.

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 6/25/10 9:31 pm
Still can get that nike to work?? Bummer - If you bring it with you (little late you problably won't see this before you leave) I'll take a peek at it.

Food is the devil

Lynn C ~

pjaschic
on 6/26/10 4:55 pm - Middleboro, MA
That's awsome that they approved it. Hopefully they will approve the correct one quickly. What a dumb a$$ secretary. Since she used ur email maybe you should of just written the PA yourself and emailed it to her. lol
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Lynn C
on 6/26/10 10:53 pm
LOL thanks - If I had written it they would have gotten the right billing codes at least!. It was great to see you at the canal yesterday - LOVE the new hair cut - soooo cute.

Lynn C ~

pjaschic
on 6/27/10 6:46 pm - Middleboro, MA
Thanks Lynn. Your like the 7th person to comment on my hair cut. It was funny cause I took my daughter to the doctors and I think they weren't sure if I had lost weight or what and didn't want to be rude if I hadn't, so the secretary and the doctor both said wow your hair looks great, you look like a new person. lol And the same day the eye doctor made a similiar comment. That was 3 in one day!! I know they were noticing the weight loss cause when I was real heavy I couldn't wear my hair like this, it just didn't look good on my face.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views