Went to Dr. Today!

pjaschic
on 6/15/10 8:24 am - Middleboro, MA
Saw Dr. this morning. He changed Zofran to Compazine which seems to work better. He thinks I have some gastritis and NOT an ulcer, whew!! He said pain will get pretty bad if ulcer does develope. Keep up the warm tea since it is soothing. NOT to be gross but I had a good amount of rectal bleeding this morning and was positive for blood but he thinks it is probably not anything to worry about. 3 kids, hemoroids, suppositories for nausea.... Just keep an eye on it and call if it happens again. I feel relieved. I can increase my diet to stage 4 in 3 days but told him I'm not sure I want to just yet. Want tummy to settle down a little bit before adding tougher foods. He also thinks I have a lactose intolerance, which we kinda assumed from the protein shake stage when I spent 8 days in the hospital. It is very limiting when you try to cut out dairy!! Although lactaid does not bother me, thank god. As for the not sleeping..."take it up with your other doctor, I'm just your surgeon". oh well, regular Dr. appt on the 22nd. Hopefully I can get something to sleep!! Thanks for your support guys. I really do feel better hearing him say he thinks things are ok. Hopefully I will feel better by meeting and you can give me some suggestions for stage 4 foods easy on the tummy. BTW he DID give me crap about the smoking. lol
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
Lynn C
on 6/15/10 8:32 am
I'm glad its not an ulcer!! Make sure you keep taking care of yourself - and yes, we're all gonna give your crap about the smoking until you stop - we care what happens to you.

Good luck with the sleeping - you'll feel much better once you can sleep soundly.

see you soon

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

pjaschic
on 6/15/10 8:39 am - Middleboro, MA
gee, thanks Lynn. lol  I'll be saying I quit and stinking up the whole room. lol I know I will feel better when I can sleep!!! I am impatiently waiting for my Fitbit. Maybe I am getting more than 3-4 hours and don't know it. lol But I doubt it. :(
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
RedSox15
on 6/15/10 9:15 am - MA
HaHa - YES, we will also give you crap about smoking!!!!   SOOO glad it doesn't seem to be an ulcer though!!  Best of luck with your next Dr's appt.  I know this will get better for you :) :)

Kate
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

pjaschic
on 6/15/10 8:14 pm - Middleboro, MA
You guys are a roit. lol
LisaBC86
on 6/15/10 10:06 pm - Bridgewater, MA
They are right - THROW the cigarettes out - they are only going to worsen any thing that is going wrong........ I know you don't need to hear it again - Oh wait you do - cause you're still smoking ..... lol try !!! You have done so much to improve your quality of life - the cigarettes have to go.......

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
javanomor
on 6/16/10 7:46 am - Worcester, MA
Wean yourself off those cigarettes before they do give you an ulcer.  If I can quit after 28 years, I think you can, too.
Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views