Canal Trip

LisaBC86
on 6/12/10 9:36 am - Bridgewater, MA
 So we did 2 hours at the Canal which was about 5 miles. It was great getting to some of you better and meeting Charlene from Middleboro - who actually turned out to be someone I went to HS with - small world !

We'll be planning another trip there - anyone out there want to throw out a date and / or another activity ?

Catherine and Kristen  - we missed you guys ?!

Pam missed you too.

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 6/12/10 10:47 am
Had a blast today and got a little sun burn (whooops).   Hubby suggested Boarderland State Park as an excellent "off road" type of hike. They have tons of trails through the woods and it is usually not to crowded.

Anyone interested in roller skating (the old fashioned four wheels or in-line) they have an "adult" skate on Sundays from 7-9 (no little kids knocking you over) at Carousel in Whitman http://www.carouselskate.com/monthlycalendars/whitmanfebcalendar.html

I'm totally free every other weekend both sat & Sundays when hubby is working and my kids are to cool to hang with m
e. 

Hope we can get everyone involved it was really fun!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

pjaschic
on 6/12/10 6:53 pm - Middleboro, MA
I am still paying for the walk but had fun and it was nice to meet all of you. Great group! I would love to go again. The smell and the breeze down there is amazing, if u like that sal****er air. Definately going early is a big plus! It was starting to get hot at the end. Thanks guys.
Program start weight 265  Pre-op weight 234                
LisaBC86
on 6/13/10 2:25 am - Bridgewater, MA
I think Borderland sounds great - dates? Roller skating would be difficult for me - can't do it -and have a bad ankle - BUT I'll try anything ...... well almost ... lol It was fun and I think this would be good for us !!
Lynn C
on 6/13/10 8:37 am
I'm free june 26 & 27 if we want to squeeze it in this month (and we should all be recoved from the canal by then)?

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

RedSox15
on 6/13/10 10:13 pm - MA
I'm down for anything ...!

I am free Saturday the 26th but I am working Sunday the 27th

Canal =
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 6/14/10 8:45 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I can do either the 26th or 27th BUT if I do the 26th I need to be back in Bridgewater by 1. So that may limit me based on what / where we are going ?

Are we doing the Canal again or Borderland ?

Let me know so I can plan ........ days are booking up fast.

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
LisaBC86
on 6/14/10 8:46 pm - Bridgewater, MA
If we're planning on Borderland on this next weekend - I'd still love to do the WHOLE canal. So let's pick a date for that too.

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Lynn C
on 6/14/10 9:01 pm
If we get to the canal by 9 at the latest we should be able to do the whole thing and get you back in time - we did 5 miles in 2 hours and whole thing is only 6 there and back. I bet we could do all 6 in 2 if we boogied but even if we didn't we should still have time.

So how about it - Sat 6/26 - another canal trip - all 6 miles or bust!!

I'm in.

Lynn C ~

LisaBC86
on 6/14/10 9:37 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Me too !! Sounds like a plan - and others can join us even if they don't plan on finishing - just understanding we ARE going too !!! lol Cool can't wait - I gotta admit though NEVER imagined a day when I would look FORWARD to a walk ....... .lol

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views