Heard from Newton-Wellesley Today - Have my Consult SO Soon!

Wow - thanks to everyone here who has recommended NWH!  You're all right on; I had an evening call from their coordinator, she took all my info and made me see that they do have a very individual approach there.  She knew that my past sessions and records from Tufts would really move me along and made 2 appts. w/ my surgeon and other staff right away (I asked for Dr. Partridge but it was tough because everyone there sounds terrific).  I'm going to the new patient info session on the 24th, first appt July 7 and the coordinator told me they might book my session *then!*  Then I'll have one more meeting w/ the surgeon in early August, then the surgery.  

I'm still kind of reeling form the strange timing/synchronicity of this.  Had I not had to take a break, these options (esp. VSG, which is truly what I want) would not be open to me!  Other things have happened in the past year that point to this being the best possible process. 

She did tell me to call insurance however she told me Aetna has just started covering this and that it's been smooth sailing w/ them.  Wow.  Just wow. 

Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Cher B.
on 6/11/10 11:15 am - MA
Nice...it sounds like it is all lining up for you.  You are in wonderful hands with NWH and Dr. P!
Thanks!  And today I got all releases to other providers so that my records will all be there by the time I have my appointment.  got my packet in the mail; and am really impressed by how they do things - so much less bureaucratic than other programs!  SO excited! 
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

pjaschic
on 6/11/10 5:08 pm - Middleboro, MA
congrats. that's awsome. I wish u the best of luck! I wish i had asked around like u did. I went to the Brigham but don't feel their program is all that great. Have to say one of the worst hospitals I ever stayed in. I can't believe ur surgery will be so soon! That's great.
C J
on 6/12/10 1:46 am - Franklin, MA
Hey pj - have to ABSOLUTELY agree with you about Brigham... must unorganized hospital ever! 
I do Love Dr. Robinson <3  -- He did my original surger and I'm pre-op for revision w/him.

I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views