I am overweight! YES!

anewleaf
on 6/4/10 7:51 am
 As of today, I am finally overweight!  Yesterday, I was obese... today.. just overweight!  29 more pounds until I'm at a "healthy" weight for my height!!!  Started jogging a couple weeks ago and my endurance is so much higher now.  I've noticed in the last week or two I have way more energy than I have since before my daughter was born four years ago--I brought her to Davis Farmland today and again realized I could go all day and have fun and not need to sit anymore.  I used to have a hard time standing long enough to do my dishes!  I still hate doing dishes, but it doesn't hurt to do them anymore like it used to!  And I can walk for HOURS with my family now.  It's the little things in life that keep me going and make me so happy.  I've also noticed I've been smiling so much more lately.  We are under so much stress right now with our house and trying to move and finances, etc.. but I'm HAPPY.  It's been a looooong, long time.  

Not many people get it.. thanks for listening.  ;-)  *happy tears!*

sunjoymom
on 6/4/10 8:28 am - Worcester, MA
WOOHOO for being overweight

I'm so proud of you Julie. You've come such a long way! I can't wait to see you again, you're the incredible shrinking momma! Keep smiling! 

I can't wait til I'm there! 
~ Tania 

Highest 324 / Surgery 305 /Goal 165 / Current 172 

RedSox15
on 6/4/10 9:36 am - MA
Awesome!!!  What a great feeling!!!!!!!!!  
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 6/4/10 9:52 am - Bridgewater, MA
Happy for you ! Best of luck with continued success !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
anewleaf
on 6/4/10 11:37 am
 THank you!  I keep thinking.. I'm done, this is it.. and then I'll have a day like this.  It's the strangest thing.  I still feel "fat" but look at my before pics to remind me how far I've come.  I'm glad I took those pics b/c otherwise I think I'd have had a much harder time coping with all this.

Thank you.. knew you guys would understand.  ;-)  Not many people would celebrate being overweight. lol

LisaBC86
on 6/5/10 12:12 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Not everyone has been through what we have - so don't get how wonderful overweight is ....... lol Just keep up the good work !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Mara C.
on 6/7/10 3:59 am - Millbury, MA
I am incredibly proud of you girlfriend!!!!  And I am so glad to hear you are HAPPY!!!!!! :)

Here's to being overweight!!!  Hope we can grab another iced coffee and chat with Robyn again, that was fun!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Sue M.
on 6/7/10 6:49 am - Nantucket, MA
Congrats, you've done a great job!

I've had to learn not to judge my body by looking down at it.  Literally - if I'm sitting and i look down at my thighs, they look exactly as they did 125lbs ago.  proportionately, they are the same - they look big and flabby and wider than my hips, etc.  Standing up and looking in the mirror shows me a better view since all of me FITS in the mirror when i stand close to it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that taking pictures is really smart, I wouldn't have seen a change without all of my photos. 

Keep up the great work and ENJOY life!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
anewleaf
on 6/7/10 9:33 am
 Thank you!!  Today I've had a hard time with head hunger, but it happens.

Sue, it's funny you said that about your thighs.  I feel soooo flabby.  Flabbier than ever, when I was heavier, the flab was filled in with fat.. now, it's just flab. lol  I noticed yesterday the stretch marks down the backs of my legs.  Way worse than I thought.  The sad truth is, all this time, I couldn't SEE behind my legs before.  Now I can.  I am surprised that it didn't bother me yesterday.. that's not to say it won't in the future, but I am glad it didn't yesterday.  I would rather have those stretch marks on smaller, flabbier legs than on my very large filled out legs, where I couldn't even see them, and was too ashamed to wear anything that would've shown them b/c of my sheer size, now I'm wearing dresses and shorts for the first time in years and years.  The dresses are probably the first time in about 15 years other than wearing dresses to weddings where I had to wear them before.  I bought two summer dresses last month and I've never bought a summer dress before in my life!!!

Thanks guys..  life is good!

Mara, I'm ready for coffee again anytime!  Kat had suggested after the next meeting.. would that work for you??

Mara C.
on 6/8/10 3:19 am - Millbury, MA
6/17 is the next mtg right?  If so, yes I can def do coffee after!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views