Returning? Starting Over? Hi everyone!

Well I did have a detour!  Have just been through a long bad patch involving a college daughter  in crisis, parents in failing health and my own health scares which I think I wrote about earlier.  Things have settled down a bit and while I haven't expected smooth sailing since I became a parent , I'm ready to get back on track.

Did anyone else "take a break" getting ready for the surgery?  What was it like?  Did it stengthen your resolve or make you more hesitant, change you approach about which surgery?  Tell me all - can't wait to be back! 
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

javanomor
on 6/2/10 7:22 am - Worcester, MA
I was everyones caretaker for soooooooooooooooo long I got lost along the way.  It hasn't ever been about me and that my dear has changed.  I started this journey back in 10/09.  I am having my surgery 6/22/10.  Come hell or high water I'm doing this for me.  I've put me on the back burner too long NO MORE, lol.   Pick a number and form a line.  The Queen will return when she's ready.  Good Luck
Just Brooke
on 6/2/10 11:00 am
I totally get what you are saying! I didn't take any breaks. I signed up and kept going and put myself FIRST for once.

Now that you have all of that other stuff taken care of ...ENJOY THIS RIDE!!

This: I love this:

"I've put me on the back burner too long NO MORE, lol.   Pick a number and form a line.  The Queen will return when she's ready."

In my case, pressing pause was necessary - I had to be worked up for MS and that was a bit of a trial. My daughter will always be with me and my parents too so it seems!  LOL.  I could have floated through w/ the family issues, but the medical issue was time-consuming and draining.

Anyway, maybe I should reframe it and see that I was taking care of myself and am now simply continuing!
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs