Seeking Mountains of Info on Newton-Wellesley Hospital

The title says it all!  I took a break while prepping for surgery and am thinking about continuing at Newton-Wellesley.  Why should I?  Or, why not?  Thanks everyone! 
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

mcarmichae1
on 6/2/10 5:46 am
i went to them DR Partridge did my surgery, the whole team is fantastic and caring. they all check on you while in the hsopital and encourage you and celebrate along with you and your success' but do not belittle or reprimand your mistakes but encourage you to get back up on the horse and try again

i am a little over a year out and have lost all my excess weight.

Thanks so much everyone!  I just couldn't settle in with the band and the RNY isn't good for me because I had a tentative dx of MS and have to be able to know I can absorb meds in the future, if necessary, SO I realized that NWH does the VSG and ... I've marked my calendar w/ the orientation dates and called the program for 1-1 appts. 

Great to be back with this great group! 
 Lucy van Pelt 

Sue M.
on 6/2/10 9:44 am - Nantucket, MA
They do the VSG now?  Wow!  That's great!

I loved NWH.  The office people are awesome, and genuinely care.  I have been treated with nothing but the utmost respect by everyone I've met.  I returned to NWH for an emergency hernia repair with Dr. Gazmuri and was again treated great by everyone, and the nurses on the floor were very excited to see a bariatric patient as an "after".  This meant that most of us don't have complications which required a return trip!  :)  I was happy to be the "after" for them to see (if I was going to have to be there, might as well be a model!). 

Anyway, I have nothing but good things to say about he Center at NWH.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Cher B.
on 6/2/10 3:30 pm - MA
I'm so glad to have chosen NWH for my surgery and with the benefit of hindsight would choose them all over again.  The whole team is great.  I can't begin to tell you how terrific I think Dr. Gazmuri is.  In addition to full confidence in his surgical skills...he is very patient and willing to answer questions.  I actually look forward to my follow-up visits with him.
Weighfaring
on 6/4/10 1:48 am - Westwood, MA
 I went to NWH and I am SOO happy I did!   I really love the whole team.  Dr. Yood just left and Dr. Partridge now handles my case.  The team has been great.  They checked in on me anytime I had a procedure done, they call me back, and often get on the phone right when I call.  I am happy to talk to anyone about my experiences!

Good luck,
Danielle
Highest Weight: 335, Pre Surgery: 313, Surgery on 11/9/09

I'm so grateful for these responses!  I have tried to call and set up a first appt, etc. and they screen
WLS patients via voice mail.  No one has called me back yet :(.  I'm attending all upcoming required meetings, but would love to know I'm officially in their program.  Did anyone else have any trouble getting going?   PM me with any ideas? 
 Lucy van Pelt 

Weighfaring
on 6/5/10 11:45 pm - Westwood, MA
 The woman who makes initial appointments is really nice.  She calls in the afternoons and evenings  a few times a week.  She works a later schedule that the office...so dont despair!

D
Highest Weight: 335, Pre Surgery: 313, Surgery on 11/9/09

Bostonbabs
on 6/6/10 3:41 am
I walked in your fooltsteps not that long ago.  It's about a 3 week wait for the initial appointment.  Use the time to attend the classes/groups, they will help answer and/or generate questions.  I know they do the sleeve, and are advocates of the procedure, with the understaning they're's no long term data available yet, but clearly has advantages where absorbtion is a concern.  Dr Partridge will advocate strongly with insurances (many do not yet cover the procedure) for a patient who has a medical condition that warrents it. 

Your first visit will be a long one (3+hours).  I asked when I would know if I'd been accepted into the program, and the MSW laughed, and said  'as of yesterday you officially joined the program, welcome.'  My surgery (RNY) was done six weeks later.  

I would recommend you ask for Dr. Partridge.  Whenever asked who my MD was, everyone said 'your lucky, she's awesome (great, rocks, great manner, ultimate professional, and the list goes on).  I would have to agree.    
  BW 257/SW 244/GW 150, HT 5'8"          
kwhitten
on 6/22/10 8:25 am - Plymouth, MA
I had Dr. Chahal and he was great. Very supportive and down to earth. The office help are great and the insurance girl knows her stuff. I had to do a six month diet before submitting to insurance but because I lost almost 30 pounds in 5 months they submitted early and I was approved. Everything went smoothly including having my gallbladder out at the same time. I have had no complications (knock on wood) and feel great!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views