help combatting nasea

jugilber
on 5/22/10 11:20 pm - MA
 Hey all....just wondering the best way to combat constant nausea after eating....drinking...
also is there any way to make the protien only pahse more tolerable?  I think all the protien is making my wife sick (me I am still on shakes...possibly transitioning tomorrow!!!)

I just feel terrible tht she feels so crummy....thsnkdfully there is a support group tomorrow that we will definately go to....
Thanks and happy sunday
Just Brooke
on 5/23/10 6:08 am
What is it you guys (or your wife) is eating/drinking that is making you nauseous? Is it everything? Even water?

kgrenier12
on 5/23/10 9:13 pm - pembroke, MA
Hi:

Is your wife on perscription antacids?  Tufts medical made us take a perscription antacid and I don't know if that is going to hel*****t.

I also found chicken broth a good way to combat nausea.

Take care,
Kerry

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
Mara C.
on 5/24/10 6:28 am - Millbury, MA
what stage are you in?  I didn't tolerate protein at all the first couple weeks.  My surgeon told me just to keep trying different shakes (none worked), and broth etc, and then just focused on making sure I was getting enough liquids.  They really want to make sure you don'r become dehydrated mostly during that time.  Also, he had me drink G2, and Powerade 0 to make sure I was getting in some sodium since I couldn't drink any protein sources.  As soon as I could eat mushy foods, I was in heaven and the nausea went away!!!!  Good luck!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
jugilber
on 5/24/10 11:47 pm - MA
 Thanks all for your suggestions...we saw the Nut. and adding a small amount of carb help....
yes antacids...carafate, prevacid....
thanks again 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views