Immersion Day.

KellMacD
on 5/13/10 3:58 am - Rockland, MA
What is it?
Kelley     

tauntonredsox33
on 5/13/10 4:48 am, edited 5/13/10 4:51 am - Taunton, MA
Are you talking about immersion day at Tufts Hospital??

It's a bunch of appts all in one day rather then going individual times....  You will be in group and individual appts....  You will meet with the medical dr and psychologist. 
It's a long day but you'll get most of your appts out of the way and get that surgery date alot sooner!!!!!  
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
KellMacD
on 5/13/10 5:00 am, edited 5/13/10 5:00 am - Rockland, MA

Yes I did mean Tufts.  Hmmm... my first appointment (this coming Monday) is with the Psychologist.

Kelley     

tauntonredsox33
on 5/13/10 6:46 am - Taunton, MA

Is it your imersion day???
Are you going to Howl group at 6 on Monday???

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
RedSox15
on 5/13/10 7:39 am - MA
Oohh - yes .. meet us at the howl meeting on Monday!!  Great group support!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

KellMacD
on 5/13/10 10:17 pm, edited 5/13/10 10:18 pm - Rockland, MA
No Monday is my initial appointment and I was told I was meeting with Stephanie Powers, who, to my understanding is the Psychologist.  From there on out ... I know nothing.  I am assuming once I pass the pych eval they will give me an appt with the surgeon.  I guess I will find out Monday.

I was going to try to make it to the Howl on Monday night.  I'll have to see how much $ I have for parking.  Twice i one day may not be in the budget.  But since I know I won't be sitting by myself in a corner I'll try to scrape it together. 
Kelley     

RedSox15
on 5/14/10 12:28 pm - MA
Yay!  I have Greenberg as my psychologist but I have Stephanie as my small group leader - she's great.  When I had immersion day I didn't have any appointments with anyone.  It was more informational.  We were in a room and they gave us a ton of paperwork to read over, the program's manual, and spent the first half of the morning going over insurance questions and how their program works.  We had about an hour for lunch I believe (yay! haha)  The second half of the day was devoted to the 'medical' side of the surgery and went over nutrition, the different types of surgery and how they perform them and the pre and post op care for both.  Dr. Shikora (yay!) came in for a few minutes and talked about the surgeries - it was right then and there that I knew I wanted him as my surgeon.  Immersion was VERY information and I'm glad they have it!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views