Lahey Clinic

JPSR1954
on 5/11/10 9:52 pm
Does anyone know how long it takes from the introduction seminar to actually having the surgery?
skinnycat
on 5/11/10 11:40 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi, I had my surgery done at Lahey in Burlington.  The first thing is the seminar in the autotorium for about 1 1/2 hours.  They give you a booklet to take home to read then you make an appt, for a consultation, which is most of the day.  You see the surgical team, a psycologist and a nutritionist.  I just love Pam O'Brien.  She is one of the nurse pratitioners of the surgical team.

Good luck on you journey if you choose to have surgery.  I had lapband back in 2006.

Donna K. 
  HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Bostonbabs
on 5/11/10 11:56 pm
You also have to take insurance requirements, and your health status into consideration as well. Average is 2-6 months, insurance pre-requ, if any, aside. My mom's took almost 6 months, and I'm running under 2 when I get to the o.r. on Monday. We did not have any requirments to meet for insurance. Talk to the clinic, other patients ,and also, your insurance carrier, and you'll get a better idea. Good luck.
  BW 257/SW 244/GW 150, HT 5'8"          
JPSR1954
on 5/12/10 1:18 am
Thank you for the info.  I have all my pre-paper work complete and my insurance does cover the procedure.  I guess I'll go to the seminar and cross my fingers everything moves along quickly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views