Vitamin Help???

tauntonredsox33
on 5/7/10 12:06 am - Taunton, MA
Ok so I went to go donate blood on Weds and rejected beacause I am now anemic  and my bp was low at 100/60....

I put an email in to my NUT and she told me that I now have to take additional Iron 1 pills daily gradually increasing 2-3 pills a day....

OMG that is now a total of 10 pills a day!!!!  I take my 2 multi vits with iron, Nioxin ( for hair and nails) 2 b-12, 2 calcium and now up to 3 pills of iron (Vitron-C) Oh man I'm not very compliant as it is....

Guess what??? I will have to be now I DO NOT WANT TO GET SICK!

My question is when the heck do I take my IRON???   

my schedule is 2 multi and nioxin and b-12 in the morning befroe 8am......    Then at noon and 4 I take calcium.....      Should I take my additional iron with my morning doses or is that too much to take at once???
SOOOO CONFUSED
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Just Brooke
on 5/7/10 6:14 am
Hmm I don't know ...but my doc says no donating blood for at least 5 years because of this issue.

RedSox15
on 5/7/10 8:32 am - MA
Melissa!!!  Meghan also put me on Vitron-C ... she said that when I'm up to the 3x a day I can take them at the same time.  I said "oh good, 3x I can take them at breakfast, lunch and dinner" and she said that's fine OR I could take all 3 at once!!!!  

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 5/7/10 9:20 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hi Melissa, I'm with Kate - I take my 2 multivitamins, 2 iron, 2 vitamin2 and 1 b-12 first thing in the mornning - then I do my calcium throughout the day.

I just got the results of my blood work and my iron is low - yet I take it EVERY day !!! so is my calcium - that I do forget on occcasion but not that much - so waiting to hear if they want me to up anything ! Is a challenge - but we'll do it !!!

Best of luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Despinasdream
on 5/8/10 12:08 am - Lakeville, MA
Do you like the protien drinks if you do have one or 2 a day for your body...can't hurt..
lisa1974
on 5/8/10 12:17 am, edited 5/8/10 12:18 am - Brockton, MA
hey all i was talking to my nut the other day you have to take iron alone at least 2 hours before or after other pills/vitamins iron likes to be alone it will also make others null and void i read this someplace on these forums about a week ago 
i forgot also you shouldnt take iron with any dairy

tauntonredsox33
on 5/9/10 10:49 pm - Taunton, MA
Thanks everyone... This can be overwhelming...  I did hear too that Iron needs to be taken alone....  My plan is just before bed...  However I have forgotten the past 3 nights :(   
I was thinking about the morning but I usually have a protein shake with milk so that's out for the iron....  I've noticed a huge differnece in how I feel tired all the time and freezing my butt off big time... I can't wait for this cold weather to be gone!!!!!  I swear I'll be wearig a sweater in August...lmao Kevin calls me an icecube...lol   

I will set another alarm in my cell in the evening to remind me......  for my iron...

thanks everyone for all your help!

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
tlema
on 5/11/10 1:47 am - taunton, MA
Melissa i start every morning with all my pill for the day and put them in a little baggie, and try before every meal or after to take them.  I am actually on a huge amount of meds, 2 multi , 3 calcium , 5 gout, 4 wellbutrin ( so im not a complete *****)  1 baby aspirin and 2 colace.  you just kinda figure out a way that works for you. if i go somewhere i bring my little baggie with me and some water , which is my only non compliant thing!  sucks taking all that stuff, but i just remember ALL the medication i was on before and believe me i would rather take 20 calciums a day, then sticking myself with a pin checking my bs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views