feeling sorry for myselfi'm

redfraggle
on 5/6/10 9:03 am
i'm 6 weeks out from RNY - and i've lost 30 lbs (43 total - 13 was from my 2 week liquid diet before surgery)

for the past 2 weeks i've been at the exact.same.weight.

i want to cry.  i just don't understand.... :(

~*~Amanda~*~
HW/SW/CW/GW
308/295/

first mini goal of 50 lbs lost MET 05/29/10

2nd mini goal of getting to my lowest adult weight (also my pre-pregnancy weight) MET 06/13/10

3rd mini goal of FINALLY weighing less than my husband (unless the stinker keeps losing weight) MET 06/26/2010
8lbs to go to get to my 100lbs lost goal (hoping to make it by 09/22/2010) MET (early November)

3 lbs to get to my BIG goal of weighing less than 200

Mandy_
on 5/6/10 9:22 am - cincinnati, OH
it can be normal to stall just out of surgery.  are you eating enough?  getting enough protein/water? 

hugs. it will get better!

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

RedSox15
on 5/6/10 11:08 am - MA
Hi!   First off ... CONGRATS on your WLS and the awesome weight loss so far.

This is normal to be in a stall .. we've all been there and yes, it sucks.  The pounds will be falling off you again before you know it.  Just make sure you get in your protein and water and you will break your stall!!

Best of luck!!!!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

RazzyRobyn
on 5/6/10 11:10 am - West Boylston, MA
I stalled out at 6 weeks... for 3 1/2 weeks long!!!  I was very frustrated but stay the course! Here I am 9 months out and down 118 pounds!

I know, I really know what you're feeling right now... but lean on this board and your support systems. Stalls are normal and part of the process. Learn to expect that you will have stalls. If they last too long and you're worried, contact your surgeon & nutritionist.

Hugs to you!
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Just Brooke
on 5/6/10 11:12 am
It's called a plateau and as crappy as it is .............IT'S NORMAL!!!! And you will probably go through it a few more times over the next year.

Think of it this way. You are pretty much starving yourself right now. And your body is like WTF. So this is your body's way of telling you to slow down a little! 

Before you know it ...you'll be losing again.

redfraggle
on 5/6/10 11:57 am
Thanks everyone..it's hard b/c no one in "real life" understands.

i know i'm not eating enough. . i'm not getting enough protein. . i'm still having issues with finding a shake that doesn't make me sick.

i struggle b/c i feel like i take 2 bites of something then i'm "full".. .  ..i thought at 6 weeks out i'd be able to eat more...i know. . i know. . i'm crazy ROFL

i am just having a night where i wish i'd never gotten myself to this position...argh.

~*~Amanda~*~
HW/SW/CW/GW
308/295/

2nd mini goal of getting to my lowest adult weight (also my pre-pregnancy weight) MET 06/13/10

3rd mini goal of FINALLY weighing less than my husband (unless the stinker keeps losing weight) MET 06/26/2010
8lbs to go to get to my 100lbs lost goal (hoping to make it by 09/22/2010) MET (early November)

hollyberries
on 5/6/10 12:07 pm - Carver, MA
You are allowed these emotions.  We have all been in the same boat as you.  I have had plateaus too but wait it out because last week I dropped over 9lbs in a week after a 2-3 week plateau.  You body is just adjusting and boy when it does. 

I thought I was crazy because how could my clothes be falling off of me and I have lost a pound.  It  doesn't make sense and I am not going to try to figure it out as long as in the long run I lose, I am happy  Hang in there.  Cindy
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

DwindlingFlower
on 5/6/10 9:21 pm - Quincy, MA
I tried to message you on the new IM thingy on OH yesterday morning to see how you were doing...

not so sound redundant but its completely normal and will absolutely happen several times so pay no never mind to it.  I've been through 2 major stalls already and Im almost 6 months out, the main point is that the weight comes off, and it will, in time, just focus on the bottom line.

Maybe you should come to the support group on the 12th, it would be great to have you!

DwindlingFlower

redfraggle
on 5/7/10 2:12 am
On May 7, 2010 at 4:21 AM Pacific Time, DwindlingFlower wrote:
I tried to message you on the new IM thingy on OH yesterday morning to see how you were doing...

not so sound redundant but its completely normal and will absolutely happen several times so pay no never mind to it.  I've been through 2 major stalls already and Im almost 6 months out, the main point is that the weight comes off, and it will, in time, just focus on the bottom line.

Maybe you should come to the support group on the 12th, it would be great to have you!
oh i wish i could flower!  i work in watertown, and live in lowell. . i leave work at 3:30 to pick up my daughter . . . .and my husband doesn't get home in time for me to make the trek :(

~*~Amanda~*~
HW/SW/CW/GW
308/295/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views