Best Way to Sell Clothes

thinsomeday
on 5/4/10 3:37 am - webster, MA
Hey all -

I was wondering what you think is the best way to sell your clothes.  I dontaed the outdated,  ripped or torn stuff - but have a beautiful wardrobe from when I wore business casual and worked at Lane Braynt while i was a 14-16.  Most of the items I only wore a couple of times because I bought a ton of stuff and then became pregnant again and again and again and never went back to that size...till now.

I have about 10 suits, 50 pairs of pants and jeans, endless sweaters and ****s (some I can still wear without looking to dumb).  So what is best - consignment, craigslist or ebay?  Sell them in lots or individually?  What is the going rate for clothes?.  I tought of posting on craigslist for a yardsale - but most people won't pay more than $1 for an item then - so forget it.  Would you pay $5 for jeans?  $10?  Need to make $ for a new wardrobe!

Any feedback would be a huge help! 
Thanks!
RedSox15
on 5/4/10 3:57 am - MA
$10 for jeans?  I absolutely would pay that - that's a great price, even $15!!  Good luck!!! :)

I also have a ton of business casual clothes too (most of my pants were at least $100 each and most of my sweaters as well - all Lord & Taylor purchases so I have the Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein & Michael Kors clothes & suits.)  I too am wondering what would be easier, consignment or ebay...   let's hope we can make some dough!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

ElleTee
on 5/6/10 5:52 am
I had some success with putting lots of clothing on ebay. It takes a lot of time to put things together by size etc., but if you have some good quality items, they will sell and often at a really good price.  Plus, the buyer pays shipping.  The insertion fees are minimal. 

I did list a few items, nicer suits etc., one by one but it gets cumbersome to ship small packages.

Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views