Ok.....who'se brave enough to answer?!

Miss_Kitty
on 5/2/10 3:36 pm - New Bedford, MA
At your heaviest weight, what was your most embarassing moment(s)?

Yeah, I know. It's only fair that I answer this too!

As if being over 420lbs wasn't embarrasing enough, I can remember at least 3 incodents.

I went to Six Flags with a few family members, and I couldn't fit on the rides. After waiting in the long lines, I squeezed myslef into one of the seats, the safety bar would not latch over my big belly. I had to get off the ride and leave infront of everyone, with lots of people witnessing the whole event! And this happened not once, but twice! I was stupid enough to try to squeeze into another ride, only to have the same thing happen! For the rest of the day, I could only watch my family have fun while me and my fiancee (who is scared of the rides) walked around, feeling hurt and humiliated! (I was so glad to have him there with me, at least!)

The second time was everytime I went to the doctor's office. I was too heavy to be weighed on their scales, even though it went up to at least 350lbs. The nurses would have to go into a storage closet, and litteraly drag out an enormous scale ment to weigh people who were in wheelchairs! And the only space they had available was in a hallway, where anybody walking by could witness the whole thing!

And third,...........my fiancee and I were gathering our laundry together to go to the laundromat. We like to keep our clothes separate sometimes. Going through his clothes, he picks up a large pink garment and says, "Why is your shirt in with my laundry?" and tosses it with my pile. Knowing my clothes, I knew it wasn't a shirt he picked up and tossed, it was my underwear!!!!! Was I really so big that he thought my underwear was a shirt???!!!!!

That was years ago. Praise the Lord that I have lost over 120lbs, (however it was unfortunately due to being sick) and just recently had a panniculectomy to remove my large hanging belly. I like the way my new body looks and am still hoping to lose more weight from smart food choices and walking.

I was just traveling down memory lane, and felt like sharing those experiences with you. Anyone else had any embarrasing experiences?

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

LisaBC86
on 5/2/10 9:24 pm - Bridgewater, MA
 Very brave of you to share ! And congrats on your successes so far and many wishes and good luck for continued success.

I think mine might have been in 1998. I broke my ankle and the paramedicas had to carry me out of the house - I remember feeling bad and just wishing I could stand up and hobble out on my own - good chance I could have but they wouldn't have any of it !

In any case - it's an interesting journey and more power to us for making healthy life style changes !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Sue M.
on 5/3/10 3:58 am - Nantucket, MA
I never knew how much I weighed really, so if something had a weight/size restriction, I never even tested it. 

I think what is most embarasing was being so physically ill, feeling so physically ill, and doing nothing about it.  I was fortunate enough to not have broken chairs and chicken enough not to have gotten stuck in places.

Well, it was embarassing sitting next to strangers on the airplane.  I'd always get a window seat and lean towards the window so that I'd take up as little room of the "middle" as I could. 

Ah, the good old days!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Mara C.
on 5/4/10 5:30 am - Millbury, MA
The same thing happened to me at Six Flags summer of 2008, I had to get off the ride.... I am going back this summer 104 lbs lighter and going on every ride I can!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
octoberbabee
on 5/5/10 12:56 am - MD
I think we have all had that experience at the carnival, park, etc.  I always find that when I walked past a person (or people), they move wayyyy to the side, like I am so big that I would take up the whole area; that drove me nuts and I find it embarrassing.  It still happens occasionally (I am down 70 lbs) but I hope it will stop totally soon.   
Susan Hayes

CATHERINE81
on 5/5/10 3:32 am - BROCKTON, MA
wrll about year and half ago i was really sicj had a diabetic attack and heavy bleading (period, bad clots thought i was miscarrying ) and had to be rushed to hospital.. the ambulance took me out and they dropped me on the ground ill never forget that day ansolutely embarrasing and never again do i want to experience that or wihs anyone to go thru what i went thru.
Despinasdream
on 5/8/10 12:26 am - Lakeville, MA
I remember this like it was yesterday we were at The Big E in Springfield and my daughter wanted to go on a ladybug ride i was 264 and when we went on the ride wouldn't go up..my daughter was so upset her ride wouldn't fly..Lil i laugh now cause I was so modified..and another time i was shopping with the mother in law and was checking out small tops and she yells come on lets go to our store "Lane Bryant" I was so embarrassed cuased I was young in my 30's and she was in her 60's the *****she loved that I was as heavy as her..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views