Hi Everyone!

erica1979m
on 4/29/10 3:40 am

I figured now was as good a time as any to introduce myself to the board.  My name is Erica, I am in Western MA and I had my RNY in Dec 2008.  My road has been fairly smooth but I know I need to still see the motivation that I saw in my first year in continued years if I want to remain successful i need to stay motivateed.  So that is what I am looking for here, support and hopefully friends that know what I am and will go through as our surgery is a new way of life not just a means to get to "goal"

My goal 135; current 132;  pre-op highest 285; I have lost more than I weigh...  I my RNY! 
Full TT w/ muscle repair  2/14/12 best valentines gift ever!

CATHERINE81
on 4/29/10 3:49 am - BROCKTON, MA
welcome back me

you should be so proud of your self and i wish i can be as sucessful as you have been.. welcome again

catherine
anewleaf
on 4/29/10 5:25 am
 Welcome!  Nice to meet you.. you and others that are "veterans" are my motivation.  Having a hard time lately.. good to hear from people that are living it, and have been!  

erica1979m
on 5/2/10 2:46 pm

Thank you!  I'm not sure if I'm a veteran yet at almost 18 months but I am in a routine now.  Thank you for the welcome and I am all about staying motivated.  I think that this surgery is 50% surgery, 30% motivation, 20% hard work, so I understand it takes time and everyone's body has their own schedule so stay motivated and progress will happen.  Nivce to meet you too.
My goal 135; current 132;  pre-op highest 285; I have lost more than I weigh...  I my RNY! 

erica1979m
on 5/2/10 2:41 pm
Thank you.  I have found it hard to find anyone that has had wls in western mass and I know that can't be true!  I think that for me I need to speak to people who know what I went through and its easier to share my feelings without getting the "I know this person who died" or "I took the easy way out" crap.  It's nice to not have to justify my choice.  I wish you plenty of success and thank you for the welcome!

mclaprade1015
on 4/30/10 4:15 am - Westhampton, MA
Happy to see a successful Western Mass person on this board.  There aren't many on here!  Thanks for posting and you have done a great job!

50 lbs lost pre-op-the rest is post op.

The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. CheryL

Kathy V.
on 4/30/10 10:09 am - MA
Hi Erica,
I had my surgery in dec of 08 as well.  I am still not at my goal but have passed my surgeons goal.  This is a wonderful tool but just that, a tool.  The farther out we get the tougher it is.  I try to follow the "protein first" rule and drink my crystal lite.  I set mini goals that helps me keep focused. 

.....kathy   

erica1979m
on 5/2/10 3:21 pm
Hi Kathy,

I hear you on the "tool" aspect.  I am working it and will continue to keep working it because just like you said, the further out the harder it is.Stay focused and you will get where your body needs to be. 

sunni1974
on 5/2/10 12:25 pm
Good to see you have reached and are maintaining your goal. I think staying connected is what helps lots of folks and it is great to hear from people further out!

326 start weight 280 day of surgery        
LisaBC86
on 5/2/10 9:27 pm - Bridgewater, MA
HI!I hope you stay on here - I think it's great to get the advice of someone who has been there / done that. and is successfully maintaining - it gives us hope. Hope we can offer you something as well. congrats on your successes !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views