Surgery Tomorrow

katd70
on 4/25/10 1:30 am - Stoughton, MA
I am so nervous, I' ve just started getting my things together for my hospital stay. Just wondering if anyone had any last minute advice?
Mal
on 4/25/10 5:02 am
I just had my surgery with Dr. Pecequex on 4/21.  Her and her team are phenomenal.  The nurses were great too at St. E's.  Just remember to walk as much as possible.  I didn't have any gas pain at all it is all just one port site on my left side that hurts.  Make sure you buy a pill crusher for at home because you will need to crush any pills you take (yep it's gross, but necessary) I mix mine with a little bit of s/f vanilla pudding and get em down.  Good luck and I'll see you at one of the support group meetings!!!

LisaBC86
on 4/25/10 6:26 am - Bridgewater, MA
My advice - RELAX !!! lol I know it's hard - try - Good luck and let us know how it goes !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RedSox15
on 4/25/10 8:46 am - MA
Relax ... I so agree with Lisa.  I actually had no nerves going into surgery.  All will go well - CONGRATULATIONS on your WLS journey!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Just Brooke
on 4/25/10 9:25 am
WALK!!! It will help with the gas! 

Good luck!!! 

sunni1974
on 4/25/10 11:36 am
Relax, think positive thoughts and be kind to yourself. You will heal quickly and be off to a brand new start at enjoying life!

326 start weight 280 day of surgery        
DwindlingFlower
on 4/25/10 9:23 pm - Quincy, MA
Just take this time to concentrate on you....  You'll be fine. Dr. P is amazing!!  Let us know when you get home, that your okay and if you have any immediate question**** us up.

Welcome to the losers bench.

DwindlingFlower

thinsomeday
on 4/27/10 3:11 am - webster, MA
good luck!  the best advice i got was that the frist 3 weeks are tough - you are going to think "what the hell did i do to myself" i went in expecting it to suck - and it did at times -but i am now 6 months out and 100 lbs lighter.  i weigh less than i did in middle school.  the benefits are endless and the amazing moments are insane!  you are never going to regret this!  i look forward to your updates!
k
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views