Home from the hospital today!

Mal
on 4/24/10 5:28 am
Well I made it.  I am officially on the loser's bench now.  Only thing is-I don't feel like they did anything (other than my left side being really sore!)  Oh and the way things taste!  OMG I am choking down a botttle of propel and it is sooo sweet-I just cut it 50/50 with water and added ice seems a bit better I need the electrolytes.  I'm afraid I'll probably have to do that with all the diet juices and such I bought before surgery.  Oh well, small price to pay.  And if i never see chicken broth again for the rest of my life I will be a happy woman--that's all they fed me in the hospital 3 ounces of broth ick!

My surgeon and her team were just amazing!  Very caring and thoughtful throughout the whole process. 

Now if only my left side would quit hurting! grrr.

Mallisa :)

Eliza123
on 4/24/10 5:49 am

Great news!   Hang in there...don't rush yourself!   Give yourself time to heal!   I'm so glad you are feeling good.    I had awful left side pain that didn't go away until about 4 weeks - even when the rest of me was feeling good.   It gets better and better and better!  Oh, I really liked (and still do) the diet gatorade G2 in orange and grape....

- Eliza

Kathy V.
on 4/24/10 6:41 am - MA
WELCOME to the other side.  You're gonna love it here !!!  Just take it one day at a time.

.....kathy   

katd70
on 4/24/10 11:56 pm - Stoughton, MA
Congrats on your surgery success. I am going in tomorrow morning for my surgery. I am a nervous wreck. Did time fly by in the hospital or were you itching to go home?
Mal
on 4/25/10 12:22 am
Time did really fly by.  I never found myself staring at the clock.  Only recommendation I have is don't bring too much to the hospital-you won't need it and remember to get up (no matter how much it hurts) and walk. 

DwindlingFlower
on 4/25/10 12:41 am - Quincy, MA
Mallisa,
 so glad to see your home and well and posting so soon to the website. Thats freaking awesome!!  Keep up the walking even though your at home. Concentrate on liquids and proteins, you dont want to get dehydrated.  Its so nice to have the company on the losers bench.  Holla if you need us.!!

DwindlingFlower

LisaBC86
on 4/25/10 6:17 am - Bridgewater, MA
Congrats ! and welcome ! Take it easy - they are all right !!! Sip Sip Sip - rest rest rest - I think most of us felt the same way - like nothing was done - there will probably be other days you feel this way but they did !! Good luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RedSox15
on 4/25/10 8:47 am - MA
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! 
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views