Exercise outing

LisaBC86
on 4/22/10 10:22 am - Bridgewater, MA
Ok are you guys sick of my posts yet - lol sometimes I feel like I'm boring you all ------

anyhow my proposal for an outing - how about a WALK / RUN / BIKE of the canal ? I was there this weekend and enjoyed it immensly - everyone is friendly - it's a pretty walk / run / ride. I would personally love to do the whole thing but don't know about walking - would probably take a long time- was thinking of biking it...... but I'm thinking it would be a fun group thing - we could either plan on lunch after at a place or do a picnic where everyone brings something.......

Have picked a day - would love to get feedback - My thought is maybe we could plan a monthly outing and whoever can make it can and if they can't that's ok too.....Just a thought .....

Anyhow if anyone is intersted let me know - and give me a couple of dates !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
kawkbw
on 4/22/10 11:38 am - MA
awesome idea Lisa!!!  may is out for me but June and sfter is good!
tauntonredsox33
on 4/23/10 12:07 am - Taunton, MA
Lisa I don't think any of us could get sick of you~~~~

I've got some time in May but June is clear for now

************************ALSO EVERYONE SAVE THE DATE!!!!!! ******************
   SUNDAY AUGUST 8TH I'M HAVING A COOKOUT FOR MY 1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!!!!!!    
 I'll give more details when the time is closer!!!!!   Just mark you clanders now!!!  LOL
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
CATHERINE81
on 4/23/10 5:31 am - BROCKTON, MA
sounds like a great idea keep me posted im dff in
Just Brooke
on 4/23/10 7:05 am
Lowell General is doing the cancer walk on May 16th. My weight loss center set up a team called "Less is More" ...it's $25 to do the whole walk I guess, but $10 if you just want to do the 3 miles. If you go to Lowell General's website you'll see the registration and all of that.

If anyone is interested of course :)

LisaBC86
on 4/26/10 11:54 am - Bridgewater, MA
I would love to do this Brook but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking a motorcycle class that weekend - I have to pass my permit test first  but as long as I do - I'm in  the class so.... Keep me up to date if you find anything else like that .

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
RedSox15
on 4/23/10 10:23 am - MA
Awesome idea Lisa!!!!!!!

I walked the Canal the Sunday before Easter.  I started @ the train bridge and walked to the 3 mile marker and back **round trip 6 miles** and that took 2 hours.  I walked past the Bourne Bridge and walked until you could see the Sagamore Bridge.  It was awesome.

I'm good for any weekend except April 30th - May 2nd and Saturday May 8th.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

DwindlingFlower
on 4/23/10 10:42 pm - Quincy, MA
Being a non native Bostonian I have no clue what canal you are refering too but regardless I am totally interested!! Once the summer hits I will have much more free time... I have 13 days of school left and I am about losing my mind lol.

DwindlingFlower

RedSox15
on 4/24/10 12:14 am, edited 4/24/10 12:15 am - MA
Hey Flower!  The Cape Cod Canal ... it starts down in Buzzards Bay @ Mass Maritime College at the train bridge and you walk along the ocean.  You can walk all the way down past the Bourne and Sagamore bridges.  Very peaceful!!  Do a google images search and you can see how pretty it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Cod_Canal
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LisaBC86
on 4/26/10 11:52 am - Bridgewater, MA
Ok how does Saturday June 5th sound ? We could make an early start - maybe be at the Canal by 9 AM - will get more details as we go - lets see if we can settle on this date - let me know guys ! I'm thinking we should plan it now before everyone gets to booked up ......

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views