Cottage Cheese test? eww.

Just Brooke
on 4/20/10 11:27 pm
Last night at our post op group we talked about the cottage cheese test!! Ever wonder what the size of your pouch is? Yes? No? Not really. Sounds kinda odd to me but people are doing it. This is what I found online. If you google it you'll find a few other links:

Purchase a container of small curd low-fat cottage cheese. Begin the test with a full container, and perform the test in the morning before eating anything else (this will be your breakfast on that day). Eat fairly quickly until you feel full (less than five minutes). Note that the small soft curds do not require much chewing. The idea with the rapid eating is to fill the pouch before there is much time for food to flow out of it.

After eating your "fill" of cottage cheese, you will be left with a partially eaten container that has empty space where cottage cheese used to be.

Start with a measured amount of water (16 ounces, for example), and pour water into the container of cottage cheese until the water is level with the original top level of the cottage cheese.

Voila - the amount of water poured into the container is the functional size of the pouch.

hollyberries
on 4/21/10 10:49 am - Carver, MA
I have heard of this but not done it yet.  I am definately going too.  Thanks for reminding me.

Cindy
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

tauntonredsox33
on 4/22/10 12:46 am - Taunton, MA
Ok that is just weird... lol
Brooke have you tried it???
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary