hi! restriction question...

jdr1208
on 4/20/10 9:54 pm - Worcester, MA
hi everyone its been a while since i posted, my hours at work changed and getting on the site seemed to fall to the wayside.
but i have a really weird probaboly stupid question about restriction

is it possible for restriction to go away and then come back???
ok so even up until this morning i was convinced i failed my pouch. i have been stalling and if i lose 1lb every week its a lot. i have been walking 3 miles a day and lagging on my food intake. i have been eating carbs (getting sick, then doing it again like an idiot. somehow i cant come to terms with the fact that my favorite food, rice, isnt my friend anymore) i have been able to eat almost an entire small dessert plate size for a meal. ive been doing my protein first, then veggies then carbs but i havent felt "full" in god knows how long. in fact ive been feeling "nudgy" (that what my mom and i used to call munchies but even for savory not just snacky)
this morning i was down to 191... randomly... 3 lbs down from the day before and 7 from the week before
and for some reason today eating more than a few bites puts me into food coma where all i want to do is lay down and go to sleep. this weekend i could have finished a normal persons portions, today (mind you my day starts at 4am) i have had an iced coffee, a hard boiled egg, 4 squares of cheese, and 2 oz of hummus (spread out) and my body is telling me i just finished a thanksgiving feast...
whats going on with my pouch?!?!

could i be back to normal???

could my previous few months of cravings and binging have been PMS related? hmph

Sue M.
on 4/20/10 10:52 pm - Nantucket, MA
i go through days where I think "how the hell did I eat all THAT", and then the next day I'm full after 3 bites. 

These pouches are finicky.

Plus, carby foods seem to beget more eating.  Dense protein keeps you full longer.  And then we have to learn than when we feel "full", we've probably eaten too much.  Just have to eat until we're not HUNGRY.    It's all such a head game.  This is why we measure.

Moral of the story: you are normal.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
jdr1208
on 4/20/10 11:11 pm - Worcester, MA
thanks sue. i guess it just gets discouraging to see other people around my starting weight have surgery after me and already be at goal.
normal huh? ill have to tell my husband he'll never believe that! lol
yeah i have been trying to keep to proteins only, but im sick as a dog right now and swallowing sucks, all i want is sou*****odles or something warm... alas... i have an egg.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views