I have two questions for post-ops

anewleaf
on 4/20/10 12:31 pm
Hey guys.
So.. I was sick today for the first time in awhile, but I noticed that after I'm sick, one of my incisions, the one on the left, stings and is very uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

Also.. all of my incisions are still super itchy from time to time.  I'm over three months out and this is surprising to me.  It's bothersome b/c they are still very tender if I forget and scratch.  Is there anything I can do to help this itch?  (All I can hear in my mind right now is that song.. the Itchy and scratchy shooooow! lol)

Thanks!

DwindlingFlower
on 4/21/10 11:41 pm - Quincy, MA
As far as the itchyness is concerned, I had this issue after my revision and it lasted for a good 6 months or so and finally went away, dont know why, I just put caladryl on them to ease the itching.  I never had the incision site sting after getting sick though, either with the band or now with that bypass, that seems a bit odd to me.  I would def check with your surgeon, or post a forum in the RNY section, see if you get a bigger hit there.  I have no personal experience with that one though.

Good Luck!

DwindlingFlower

thinsomeday
on 4/24/10 11:14 pm - webster, MA
hey girl -

sorry you got sick :(   i did have that from time to time as well - it eventually went away - it was only the left incision too.  the first month i would have a gushing feeling under the left incision and dr. kelly and cherniac said it was normal!  i was freaking because i felt i was leaking when i would gag or puke.  the itchiness if just your skins response to healing.  you can put any itch cream on it too.  calamine lotion maybe?

miss you!

how was the meeting this month?  first one i have missed in like 2 years!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views