food intake for a day

kawkbw
on 4/18/10 3:56 pm - MA
hey peeps!  Hope everyone is doing well.  I was hoping you could tell me what you are eating (and amounts) during the day.  I was looking for anyone that may be a year out or more.  My  first anniversary will be May 15.  I find I am hungrier lately and was wondering if i wasn't eating enough for the day.  Thanks for your input and help
Kristin 
tauntonredsox33
on 4/19/10 3:27 am - Taunton, MA
I've been wondering the same thing I feel like I'm eating way too much... But I know it's still not enough....  This is what I pretty much have on an average day....

Breakfast....  make my own wake up wrap (sorry Dunkin) 2 fresh egg whites 1/2 a slice of cheese on a small tortilla
small confession... have been gettin Dunkin Ice coffee in am with stupid 5 munchkins.... I can't eat all 5 that;s for sure but I do eat them in a day.... I told myself I will stop buying them... soooo afraid of my old habbits coming back!  Funny I can eat 2 munchkins but can't eat a cookie???
Or another thing I may is  frosted mini wheats with a 1/2 of a bannana
I did try a co-worker's pinapple greek yougurt and it was yummy... So that will be my next purchase with some granola for crunch :)

Lunch is pretty much just protein, shrimp, chicken on a litlle bit of a salad...   chili
Snacks.... peanut butter and crackers... not the pre-made ones....   Im so addicited...  also instead of pb last week I did sliced cheese with turkey peperoni  or hummus and carrots
plus I try to do a shake somehwere in between especially if I'm working out that night...

Dinner is what ever.... protein I can find...after workingout last thing I want to do is eat  I know this is soo bad too...
Honestly I mostly eat popcorn....  about 3 handfuls and I'm done...lol  Kevin's loves it... it's addicting...lol   I make it fresh on the stove top about every 3 days.... 
I'm interested to see what everyone else eats
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
LisaBC86
on 4/19/10 11:25 am - Bridgewater, MA
Ughhh not sure I want to do this but for the good of everyone...... lol

For breakfast I stick with the protein shake - I've never been a breakfast eater and this works for me so......... it's about 190 calories

I usually have a snack with the kids at 10:30 - usually 15 wheat thins with laughing cow cheese or a cheeses stick .

lunch is usually a leftover from the night before - which generally consists of 3 1/2 to 4 ozs. of meat - and a vegatable - occasionly rice or potatoes but not usually.

at about 2:30 I usually have a snack of some kind of nuts or crackers with cheese - I was doing the 100 calorie snacks BUT am trying to replace them with a protein type snack.

Dinner is usually chicken or steak - usually about 3 1/2 ozs. of meat - vegetable and generally I skip the starch but sometimes will have a little.

And THEN my problems begin....... I find myself wanting to eat...........eat.............eat............and eat...... lol but usually I avoid ......usually - however this is when I'll often have my skinny cow icecream or something like that ......

I feel like the two of you - afraid of the old habits returning (get rid of the munchkins Mellissa !) but I think I've come to the conclusion that this will be a lifelong battle - Hate it - but it's the truth.

Generally I find that when i log what I'm eating and add in my exercise - I am usually under or close to what I should be eating so............ Thanks GOD i'm exercising - lol

In any case - I think this is a good way to keep us in check ....... and it is a battle everyday and we have to stay mindful of that I think .....I know I have to keep my snacking down - that's my issue - but I do think I'm making decent choices at meal time so and acutally even at snack it isn't the suzy Q or chocolate cookies of old so I'm winning in some ways.... ok yes I know I'm justifying  ! lol

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
CATHERINE81
on 4/20/10 4:07 am - BROCKTON, MA
OK My turn OUCH

Ok morning is usually half cup coffee at home with one splenda and lactose free milk usually only half cup. then on occasion boiled egg on way to work or click hot with my lactose milk (forgot the name but blue container not silk less sug and 15 protene)

snack is either handful of doriteos ( i know) , peanuts, pb celery, apple sauce and cottege cheese or cheese

lunch can  vary from shrimp on some salad (getting tired of salad) chix cut up with some rice or kidney beans, could be chili, could be just turkey wrapped with cheese dont do bread really

then another click or cheese

dinner is usually like lisa meat and vege

my prob is ill have an oreo here or there or twizzlers but i watch it im not going to deprive myself im cautious i always think protene first just sometimes i want something different. now that i got a grill i wanna get some receipes for grilling fish and such ive been having tough time with steak i had some cut up steak on grill and mac sal and pot sal (i made) and didnt feel good after so it varies. nite time im more hungry

the past few days ive been bringing cheese in snack size and pepporani with me to snack and try to get my 64 ounces of cl or h20 between 830-430 so after wrk if i wanna have milk or tea or glass of wine im good sometimes i have coffee but again usually only half cup at night and decaff.

i am hungry more and its scary but i try to stay focused every day is differnt...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views