Catching the "Sue" "Katie" and "Robyn" Bug

LisaBC86
on 4/17/10 11:23 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Ok so I've been watching the three of them post about their running and thing WOW - can't even imagine - I have always HATED running and quite frankly just didn't see the point. Even lately I'm like really - don't know how they enjoy it BUT give them much credit !!! Figured they are better than I ..

well don't know what has come over me but I decided 4 days ago to well try.......

So I started a training on Nike+.com and today completed day 4 IN the rain I might add...... lol

It's pretty simple and I can't say I like it yet or that I'll even stick with it but figured I would try.

The 1st day called for walking for 15 minutes - I've already been doing this so I just did my regular thing - the 2nd was walk for 5 minutes, run for 1, and repeat 2 more times. I did this and then walked to my 30 minuted per day point.
3rd day - walking
Today - same as day 2 but I am contining with my walking after the "training" to keep my 30 minutes per day in tact.

NO way 100 lbs. ago would this have happened ! lol and the running IS kicking my ass but I did it !

So Robyn, Sue, and Katie keep posting -  you will either prove to be my inspiration OR I will live through you guys ! lol

Oh and a random question for you guys - I think day 6 calls for REST - however I would like to keep my walk in - is that ok ?

Thanks to the three of you ! Keep up the good work !

Everyone EXERCISE !!! enjoy your Sunday !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Sue M.
on 4/18/10 10:05 am - Nantucket, MA
AWESOME!!!

That's so great that you are giving it a try!  It's not for everyone, but the beauty is that we can all try new things and see what activities we actually like and/or are good at!  We don't have to just opt out as "too fat". 

REST is important, in terms of giving your body time to recover and rebuild muscle.  If you want to walk, i would make it an easy walk, slow paced, low miles.  You might also do something completely different like swim, weights, yoga, or dance which would use different muscles. 

Congrats on trying something new! 
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
kawkbw
on 4/18/10 10:09 am - MA
so funny, Melissa and myself were talking about this yesterday!  I even think I am going to try it :)  We were also thinking that maybe as a group we could try "rock climbing".  Not sure if it's something I would like, but I feel the need to just TRY it.    With all this weight gone from our bodies, I think we ALL feel the need to TRY things we know we NEVER could have done before :)
tauntonredsox33
on 4/19/10 1:37 am - Taunton, MA

Funny how great minds think alike!!!!   Way to go LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to start running as soon as my but gets motivated..lol  I did buy $90.00 running sneakers this week sooooo that should be the only motivation I need right??  LOL  
My plan is the mornings Kevin leaves my house at 5:30 am to go to work to get my but up and go running.... Let say this past week it didn't work soo much...lol   

Sue has totally inspired me I just think it is amazing what she had accomplished....  and hey if she can do it so can I      I'm going to give it a try I've had 3 knee surgeries and rt ankle surgery but will this weigh gone I feel amazing and feel I can do anything... I'm going to
give it a try...
Maybe some of us locals could try to do a running group maybe once a month???  Hopefully all of our schedules could work.

YES ROCK CLIMBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  sOOOOOOO  want to do it!!!  Kristen this is the website I think... computer at work is blocked  http://carabiners.com/ 
We will have info at next bridgewater meeting!!!

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
CATHERINE81
on 4/19/10 3:17 am - BROCKTON, MA
Oh i am so down for this keep me informed ladies
Sue M.
on 4/19/10 4:50 am - Nantucket, MA
Thanks for the props.  I never thought I'd inspire anyone to do anything, so it really means a lot.  I'm lucky (we're all lucky) to have each other!

GO YOU for getting those sneakers - it's a commitment, but all the walking and running will be worth it.  take good care of those knees!!! 

Ladies - don't forget to stretch!!!!!!!  BEFORE AND AFTER your exercise!

If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
LisaBC86
on 4/19/10 11:31 am - Bridgewater, MA
Just goes to show you never know how you are affecting someone ........... I'm a big proponent for letting those people know ..... So thanks to you !

Did a  4 mile walk today at the canal...... thinking of getting a bike now too... lol

Was thinking of planning a couple of outings surrounded by an exercise theme this summer - anyone game ?? Any ideas - aside from Melissa and Kristen's which were great !

Maybe an exercise club - where like they suggested we can try new things - which is necessary - just finished reading that chapter in the book I'm reading - exercising is GREAT but we have to change it up or our bodies will get use to it and it wont have the affect it did in the beginning - which in itself is frustrating -  I mean I'm exercising now I have to change it up ........ when will it end  - lol

But seriously - maybe a group can come here and we walk a track for a bit and then do a picnic.

We could do a bike ride and go to lunch.

Rock climbing - don't know where - but sounds fun......

And we can have a group travel out to another area so no ones traveling all the time- as Sue says we are lucky to have each other - we can learn so much so.....

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Sue M.
on 4/19/10 10:29 pm - Nantucket, MA
kayaking/canoeing on the Charles?  Always wanted to try that.

Hiking  in the Blue Hills?  Well, hiking anywhere.  We should climb mountains!

anewleaf
on 4/19/10 10:42 pm
I'd be interested in joining you guys if you did some sort of exercise meetup.  I'm definitely interested in learning/trying different things, too.

We have "Central Rock Gym" right here in Worcester where you can go rock climbing inside.  Here's the link:  http://www.centralrockgym.com/  If you're familiar with Worcester, it's near the Sam's Club and Higgin's Armory, very close to where Barber's Crossing used to be. 

tauntonredsox33
on 4/20/10 2:08 am - Taunton, MA
Kevin and I and a bunch of  friends are going to canoe the Sacco River in Maine for 4 days in Aug!  and just camp on the side or the river.. How cool is that???   I can't wait!

I'm up for anything... we have a rock climbing facility in New Bedford that would be the closest in our area but we can do both!!!!  I'm game!!!
Hope to see most of you at the next meeting In Bridgwater!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs