Surgery in 4 days

Mal
on 4/19/10 6:08 am
I'm not going to make it to the support group meeting tomorrow night.  I just found out my van needs a rear axle it's in the shop.  Thanks for the well wishes and I will see you on the other side!!

Mallisa

Eliza123
on 4/19/10 9:52 am

Hi Mallisa -

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!    Its totally normal to have jitters - I certainly did.   It would be abnormal not to feel jittery!    Hang in there - it will be done before you know it and the pounds will be melting away!

As for the hospital - I brought everything.    I brought 1) a pillow for the ride home to press against my tummy - it made me more comfy and I liked having my own pillow in the hospital 2) IPOD and Earplugs - to drown out annoying roomates  3)  slippers, but I didn't use those - just hospital socks 4) yummy smelly lotion for my hands - it cheered me up 4) 6 magazines  5) 1 easy read book 6) a collage of my kids  7) chapstick 8) two comfy pants and two comfy shirts - I hate hospital clothes  9) crystal light packets for the water - just to liven things up 10) playing cards for solitare.   Jeez, did I get everything?  LOL!  

Congrats - if you need anything we are here!

- Eliza

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views