Surgery in 4 days

Mal
on 4/16/10 9:52 pm
On wednesday, 4/21 I hand myself over to the expert and capable hands of my surgeon.   I just started feeling the jitters up until now its been nothing but pure excitement.  To keep myself occupied, I've been concentrating on what kinds of things I will need at the hospital.  Can anyone give me ideas or  suggestions of things they brought that came in handy?  Thanks!

Mallisa

Just Brooke
on 4/16/10 11:27 pm
chapstick and mouthwash ...fresh clothes too. That's really all I needed. I spent the most time walking the hospital floor or sleeping. And before I knew it ..I was going home!

You'll do great!!!

RedSox15
on 4/17/10 12:47 am - MA
I brought my camera to take pictures and document the journey.  I also brought my ipod (but never used it .. I was also always sleeping or walking around.)  I had some hand lotion and other toiletries.  I wore my hair down on the day of surgery and couldn't wait to put it in a ponytail after surgery.  I had to send my mom to the giftshop to buy some!! 

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jugilber
on 4/17/10 4:09 am - MA
Good Luck!!!
I will be pulling for ya!!!!
My surgery is may 11th, my spouce is going this tuesday 4/20
Looking forward to our journey together!!!
Be well
DwindlingFlower
on 4/17/10 5:41 am - Quincy, MA
Oh.... how exciting Mallisa.... if you need anything you make sure you email or call me... I'm here for ya...  Im hoping to see you at St. E's support group Tuesday night if your not too nervous... I would love to give you a hug and ease some of your worries!!

DwindlingFlower

Krisnet
on 4/18/10 12:10 am
Make sure you take your measurements.  I didn't think to do that and wish I had.  Good luck on your big day, it's exciting.  I'm 3 months post-op and down 63lbs. 
jugilber
on 4/18/10 2:40 am - MA
Taking measurements is a GREAT idea...it would be nice to see the inches shrink as well as the pounds...I look through all the posts and see all the wonderful successes because I am still in the mind set that this won't work....of course I will give it my all...but the reality that this is highly successful surgery....and I have done all the work to prepare emotionally....and I HAVE changed immencely since I started this process two years ago....but I still can't wrap my head around the fact I may actually....for the first time in my life...be normal sized....weird....
anyone out there had Dr. Hess from BMC? 
Anyhow again THANKS for all the inspirational posts you guys have...and the before and after pictures...it is helping me see that this may indeed be a posetive change for me!!!!
EXCITED.....!!!!
Also I am in the south shore and am very interested in joining support groups in the area....
OK enough Blabbing  =)
Thanks
KellMacD
on 4/19/10 12:05 am - Rockland, MA
I have an appointment with Dr Hess on May 20.  I had seen Dr burch 3 years ago and loved him!
kawkbw
on 4/18/10 4:02 pm - MA
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!  I took my ipod (to drown out the noises in the hallway at night.  I found listening to music relaxed me), my cell phone, very comfortable pull on pants for going home, and flip flops.  It was hard to bend down and tie shoes.
CATHERINE81
on 4/19/10 3:46 am - BROCKTON, MA
hey will you be at the support group tomorrow hope to see you there and good luck to you,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views