Sharing a MEGAWOW!

thinsomeday
on 4/17/10 1:41 pm - webster, MA
I don't talk about my weight loss of big wow moments with family, coworkers and most friends - so this is my only place i come to gloat - if that is what you want to call it - or to inspire preops of what might be coming their way..

i took my kids (ages 3, 4 and 6) to Coco keys today.(an indoor water park)  i walked around in a bathing suit all day, including all the slides)  without a care in the world.  (i might have posted a few weeks ago that i took them to an indoor pool was ran in and out of the water to the locker room as fast as i could).  it has to be one of the most freeing experiences in my life.  although my body is far from perfect - i am so at peace, my body is average and rather than looking like the girl you feel sorry for - i just have a moms body that people would look and not think twice about. 

as far back as i can remember - 4th grade maybe, i have worn a shirt down to my knees in the water or to the beach.  last summer i have to leave the local lake with my 3 kids kicking and screaming because i wouldn't let them go in the water in more than their knees - and they wanted to swim so badly, but i wouldn't take off my shorts and shirts because i truly felt the teens next to us taking pics with their camera phone would be taking pics of me.  sounds dumb, but i was frozen with fear and embarassment. 

i just wanted to share since it was such a big deal to me.  cheers to finally being free of what others think of my body and to many days at the beach this summer!

Just Brooke
on 4/17/10 10:52 pm
YAY!!!

And I did that too AT Coco Key LOL!! Sometimes it's just the small stuff like this!

DwindlingFlower
on 4/17/10 10:53 pm - Quincy, MA
What a breakthrough!! You have every right in the universe to gloat about that, holy cow what a story!!  We all knjow how you feel, avoiding certain situation due to the embarrassment of the weight, what others will think, you dont want people pointing fingers at you, its so not a good feeling... but to be liberated...hallelujah!! Now that is a moment worth sharing, worth remembering, worth savoring.... congratulations!! 

DwindlingFlower

LisaBC86
on 4/17/10 11:13 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Congrats on your new found confidence !!! Enjoy it !!! Lots more to come !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RazzyRobyn
on 4/18/10 3:16 am - West Boylston, MA
I'm so happy for you honey!
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

anewleaf
on 4/18/10 6:56 am
YEAH!  Good for you!!!  I hope you loved every minute of it.  And I am sure your kids loved it, it's new freedom for them, too!  It's nice having mom involved like this.  This is one of my biggest motivators, so I can be in K's little life, not just on the sidelines "taking the pics."  Where I can hide behind the camera.. now I want to be in the pics with her and live with her.. I'm so happy for you!!  

kawkbw
on 4/18/10 3:57 pm - MA
How AWESOME is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good for you!!!
KellMacD
on 4/19/10 12:00 am - Rockland, MA
Congratulaions!  I know exactly how you feel and I can't wait to get thee.  I especially know what you mean about not saying anything ti your family or co workers.  It makes you feel a little ... .alienated I guess would be the word.  I'm not going to say anything until the week before surgery and even then i know I am going to get the whole " jus****ch what you eat" and "it's not a good idea" lectures. 

It makes me sad sometimes.
RedSox15
on 4/19/10 3:03 am - MA
That's so awesome!!!!  Way to go !!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

tauntonredsox33
on 4/19/10 3:34 am - Taunton, MA
So glad we are here for you!!!!  Way 2 go... it's only going to get better!!!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs