Does anyone feel a need to meet in person with other WLS folks?

mermaidmom
on 3/31/10 10:13 am - Newbury, MA
I'm feeling a need to meet up with other WLS folks locally and on a regular basis. I'm in a small post bypass group at Tuftsa but it is only once a month. Anyone here want to get together once in a while, live near Newburyport or the northshore? Hope this msg is ok to post here. I'm just feeling like I need more help in all this. FYI- I'm 15 months out.
Thanks,
Janet

RedSox15
on 3/31/10 10:49 am - MA
Hi Janet,

Congrats on your surgery!  I do feel the need to meet with other WLS patients - they're really the only ones who understand what we're going through.  I'm down on the South Shore so I don't know of any meeting up in your area on the North Shore.  I hope you're able to find a local support group - I feel that they are really helpful!!

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

mermaidmom
on 3/31/10 11:53 am - Newbury, MA
Hi there,
Thanks so much for your reply. I had Julie Kim for my surgeon and currently in the 1st mon of the month group, 3pm with Stepahnie. Its a good group but want to connect/check in more often. I also joined Meaghan's 1x week group/12 weeks in total/4 remaining. It's been really great but no one else in the group has had wls, so its not exactly what I need/will be needing.
When did you have your wls? Did you like the Tufts program?
Thanks again for your reply.
Janet
RedSox15
on 3/31/10 12:36 pm - MA
Awesome - I signed up for the Monday group!  I will see you there!  This Monday will be my first group meeting - I usually attend the HOWL seminars. 

I absolutely love the Tufts program - can't say enough good things about it
I had my surgery Dec 16th '09 w/ Dr. Shikora

You're very welcome :)
Kate
*Kate*

livestrongerandlonger
on 4/4/10 11:48 am - Newburyport, MA
Hi Kate,
Hope you enjoyed the awesome weather today and I look forward yo meeting tomorrow at Tufts.
Take care,
Janet
RedSox15
on 4/4/10 1:12 pm - MA
Hi Janet!
Between yesterday and today the weather has been perfect!  Definitely hope to see you tomorrow ... if they let me in!  I missed my first group meeting last month .. I NEVER ever work Mondays but I got scheduled for Monday and completely forgot to go to the meeting (the March one.)  I am going to call tomorrow to see if I can still go ... I feel like such an idiot that I forgot all about it!!

Kate
*Kate*

DwindlingFlower
on 3/31/10 9:47 pm - Quincy, MA
I was going to make another reminder post sometime this week, and I guess your post may be a reminder.  Support groups I think are one of the key things that make people successful with WLS.  I am actually starting a support group at my house in Quincy, not too super far from you... starting the 14th of April at 6pm and from there a monthly meeting on the 2nd wednesday of the month, unless as a group we decide a different day.  That first meeting will also be a clothing swap if you have any you want to swap, and I will be making numerous yummy flavors of protein shakes for people to try.  Message me if you are interesting in coming and I will send you my address and phone number.  If not, I hope you find a group closer to home for you that can help you with your continued success.

Flower

DwindlingFlower

mschrissy
on 3/31/10 11:53 pm - MA
hey girl i will definately be there.  i really dont have any clothes to swap but have lost 26lbs so far....yipppeee! now im gettn depressed why? is this normal?
CATHERINE81
on 4/1/10 2:49 am - BROCKTON, MA
your not alone being depressed is common believe it or not for some people when i was 2 months post opp i was depressed so your not alonne. look forward to meeting u at flowers group
DwindlingFlower
on 4/1/10 6:14 am - Quincy, MA
totally normal!!  just talk it out, with us... with family... with friends.... it gets better though trust me!!  See you at the meeting

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views